Daily Challenge #63

Are you sure? :thinking:
You don’t think you are missing square root or under-root.:smile:

No. The area of a triangle with 3, 4 and 5 should be 6.

you believe me now?

Here is the improvisation over @vknow360’s blocks. He forgot to multiply with sP variable :slightly_smiling_face:

Solution

2 Likes

Yes, you are right, @Vaibhav! very good!

1 Like

But, please, @Vaibhav, can you hide your solution, too? I don’t want someone spoils.
Thank you.

1 Like

I woke up to late for this. But it’s very easy indeed.

Proud to be Greek.

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I do not get it. The surface of a triangle is calculated as (base x height) divided by 2, forget the heron formula

So in this example b is height since its right triangle then assuming b=5 and a = 4 then the surface is (4x5)/2=10 and with code is approximately 10 (9.92157) . So why does your procedure returns 6 as surface area ?
See mine

The hypotenuse is the longest side, opposite to the right-angled vertex. Therefore area of a triangle with sides 3,4,5 is:
½×4×3 = 6

2 Likes

Got it , I mistaken the number as 4,5,6 instead of 3,4,5 :blush:

2 Likes

Is there lockdown in your country also?
If yes then this can be called an side-effect of lockdown.
We are forgetting basic math :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I didn’t forget basic maths I just misread the numbers :upside_down_face: instead of 3,4,5 I saw 4,5,6 And yes in Greece we still have lockdown. From Monday some shops and public services will start again

2 Likes

Sorry…that was for me :innocent:

My district has been placed in Green Zone so it is expected that we will get some concession in Lockdown since Monday.
I hope same for you and everyone.

Btw , I would like to say thank you to @Yoshi for this easy but tricky daily challenge.
Is it expected to see more daily challenges on math?

2 Likes

Yes. I love maths. (When I can understand it (happens to ca. 5% of all math questions and problems)):wink:
:joy:

2 Likes
2 Likes

:crazy_face:

BECAUSE It is so complicated :joy:
:crazy_face:

I have marked @vknow360’s reply as the solution because he was the first to provide the blocks. I just provided an improved version of his blocks.

2 Likes

But mine was not correct.
The formula is incorrect without multiplying with semi-perimeter.
So technically you are the first to provide correct blocks.
And the solution goes to @Vaibhav :partying_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.