Digital Menu Project

do u have any script todo that fast ? i did that using wordpress but as i told you i want it in Offline mode
so i may ad the files in tony db or how to add the html folder including images

Can’t you include the images in the assets folder? I never tried that.

yes i can but i don’t know if it support 120 small size images

Count shouldn’t be problem only it will increase overall size of your app.

1 Like

There are no need to publish this app an apk file installed in the tablet would be great ! for future updates i can add or delete items and re install apk file do u have any idea how to make the app work in responsive mode?

Then don’t use 120 images! You don’t need that amount for a menu!
Include only one per category with many of your main dishes in it.

And why you don’t want it online? That’s the best way to go. You will have to modify it separately when there’s changes in your website. If your app menu is going to be able to process orders, then it will have to be connected to the internet anyways.

Count will affect the app if he shows too many images at the same time. It will crash the app due to the memory required to keep the uncompressed images visible if there are too many.

Your menu in a webviewer…

5 Likes

well first this is a temporary online web menu that i am paying , i don’t want to pay i have my own host a dn domain but first i cant find a similar software to do the same website thats the first point , the second point if i do that i will host it in an inside apache web server as i told you i need local connection sometimes the cafe have problem with connection so customer will never be happy waiting to load the menu

If you are going to have lots of pictures in your menu, make sure you don’t have them all opened at the same time. I would make a template with some arrangements to load sections of your menu, like in the main page the user will select Asian, then you go to a second screen and load the Asian stuff (pictures, text, prices, etc) that you can have in a CSV file.

That way you always use the same template for any section the client selects to see.

This is what I would do in your place:

1 Like

I appreciate if you can help me achieve that , but lets try to do it using grid mode , every-time the picture is clear the client is happy , if you take a look at the aia i have provided you will know what i mean !

Yes, I included the pictures in each line, you can make them clickable and open the full size image in another screen or arrangement. But it will be better if you create a thumb image besides the full size image. The thumbs will use less memory when being displayed all at the same time.

1 Like

If you do it this way, all you need to do when the menu changes is to modify the csv file, by adding or removing a line or changing a value, instead of having to modify the app screen.

1 Like

so template will read from csv file and csv file will be placed in assets ?

My friend i have pro account in airtable i can push the images from air table but how can i set cache mode to be able that the app load the images without the internet connection if this helps

Please search the forum: Read images in assets folder

1 Like