[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

It’s like this, vibrating a phone with 5 seconds delay.

The extension doesn’t deal with such operations, you can get items from the list however

Thanks, I managed to do it perfectly.
Congratulations on the tool, it is excellent!

One last question: is it possible to leave the app’s Screen with all the functions inside it fully working in the foreground and background?
Without having to do function by function to work in the background, just placing the main Screen complete with everything inside the app, not having to keep the app’s screen open to perform functions that would run if the app was open.

1 Like

Directly working with the blocks is not possible.
These things should be done through the commands/blocks themselves.

I am planning to make a new type of system that would make it easier.

3 Likes

Version 3.3 A

This version is just bug fixes and improvements :wink:

• Fixed bug where compare objects in ExtraFunction which had special characters that need to be escaped but were not and it failed with an Exception in the log cat.

• Changes to the way of accessing the event values with the ExtraFunction block.

Now the event values should be accessed as val<parameter_index> in the codes element. Everything is just the same.

• Improvement is done internally i.e optimizing the code, less code.

Download extension
Fun fact: This version of the extension decreased size by over 2 KB :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Why don’t you update it here also?

1 Like

This is not working for me.
blocks

You are not starting the service.

1 Like

How to start it?

09.07.2021_14.26.45_REC

It’s like this.

Where to this block, Is this block uses internet?

The block is in the extension.
You can set the required network type, see the first post for more info.

What is latency? @Xoma

The version of the new 3.3 update not update in the description.

Screenshot_2021_0709_144313

Yeah, I was having trouble compiling the extension where I just mistakenly deleted this version’s files :joy:, checking for commit history in extension’s private repo to get back and forgot to change :sweat_smile:

Define the number of ms late the extension will start the service.

1 Like

How to work with this Event of clock component?

After registering event how to run function in that event, like i wanted to repeat my function in background after some seconds until and unless i click on stop task button.

Screenshot_2021_0709_144721

1 Like

There are just many examples, why don’t you look into that? Also be aware of new changes to ExtraFunction block.

App is not activated in background after clearing by recent tabs,

Give some examples of new changes with blocks
if the developer won’t share any information about their work, how was the user learn from the any other user’s post.

I suggest you go through the first full post.
Are you using ResolveActiviy block? If your phone has auto-start permission, turn that on.

Since version 3.0, there is not much changed in the extension except new blocks, and few changes.

It is kind of directly asking for blocks. I have posted enough examples which you can check out. There are examples for working with clock, firebase, Tiny DB, web and others like the player, pedometer, working with conditions and other complex examples.

1 Like

Please refer me to this example.