[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

Can you show me your full blocks please?

ok

04.09.2021_17.32.16_REC

You haven’t created the function Id “notification”, so it’s obvious for the extension to throw an error that makes the app crash.

So I must change “notification” with “callnotif” that I create before

1 Like

Same Result ,

Send me the APK file here or in the PM.
I will check that.

1 Like

Ok I would like to PM to you …

1 Like

Hey Joko,

I was able to find out why it was making the app crash.

I am shocked to know that the extension you are using is accepting the QoS value as in the form of byte, not sure how this extension was even compiled because Byte is not a form of Yail type.

So the who has created that extension, is probably working with old sources to build the extension.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: method de.ullisroboterseite.ursai2pahomqtt.UrsPahoMqttClient.Subscribe argument 2 has type byte, got gnu.math.IntNum
[String, byte]

Anyways, this may be working when that extension is normally used because, it may be cast automatically by the Kodular/Ai2 system.

So it’s a big fault with that extension. You may contact the developer of the extension about this.
This error can be fixed very easily though.

1 Like

Oh ok…I Understand, and I try to contact the Developer, for this issue , I hope He could get fix this… Many Thanks.

1 Like

Hey, I realized a way to get that working.
You could simply change your blocks like this:

We can make use of Interpret block to run a java statement that returns numbers as a byte.
I guess this would work.

1 Like

Ok I will Trying… but before that I was Curios , about name in event hanlder of an mqtt extension when I decompile the extension I found Miss Match beetween name and description …

Instead of MessageReceived the component.json on event handler they used PublishReceived see picture bellow

does this also make sense as the cause of the error??.

I’ve trying to register event name with PublishReceived but still have the error…

I am not sure about this sorry.

Did you try what I suggested?

I still doing… please wait a moment

Still the same

For Your Information… the step of SS Subscribe just work fine before I add Event Register…I mean the APK did not crash.

Hi, I went through each of your blocks, events are wrong, functions are invalid and the order is incorrect.

Also, the byte conversion dosent seem to work properly, its been converted to Int again.

com.kumaraswamy.tasks.aix (469.2 KB)

Not a release, slight modification. Try this extension added an exception for the byte type values, just checked, the connection stage event seems to be working, I have sent you the profile file.

2 Likes

Ok I will try…

I had checked, and APK did not crash anymore but unfortunately , The Subscribe function does not work , my server detect no subscriber

Client Connection Status

Bellow the Client Subscriber

It’ should look like This

If APK didn’t success Subscribe , I would not receive any data.

Thanks for that. I’ve been trying a ton of variations but it’s still returning “empty”. Assuming i’m missing something simple ? To me it appears “TagListVariable = var0” doesn’t actual update the variable value shrug

I was receiving an error from the extension you gave me, I can’t do anything about it more.