[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

For Example say I have an app called XYZ

After I switch on the phone it boots into Samsung logo etc then it shows the home screen. After that I would like the app XYZ to automatically start without me clicking on its icon.

Then later if I reboot the phone, I would like the app XYZ to automatically start again without me clicking on its icon.

Is this possible with the extension?

This should be possible to register a boot receiver that starts the activity. But app will be restricted to background processing like the networks.
I will get back later.

Okay thank you.

Hi! I tried to open a screen of my application after being in the background when detecting a change in firebase but I did not get anything. My blocks are wrong? Do I need to add one more permission other than “AskForOverlay”? Thank you very much to all
blocks-3

How to use it with clock

Hi Aleksander, check for other permissions, if disabled enable them and please say me your android version.

Please go through the topic from 3.0, you will find a lot of examples.

1 Like

I wanna make a app like which send accelerometer z accel values to Bluetooth client in 1byte format every 500ms … Accelerometer sensor stop sending the values when app is closed but active in recent or background tabs so can u please help me out anyone here

I have read all the replies and problems faced by our community members but I didn’t understood the way u are using to make a component to work in background… If I got understood the how the block works and how to use it to make a component work in background then I will definitely gonna make a YouTube video on the this extension and how to use it and how does it works…
Thank you :heart:
Hope I will get the resolution soon

Hi welcome to the community, you just need to prepare blocks accordingly, if you find it difficult to use the extension, start with simple things like showing a simple notification in the background.

Please help me out with Bluetooth client

Can anyone help me get the location sensor to work in the background? please

app crashes while creating a function on accelerometer sensor please look into these bugs…
But working fine with Bluetooth client and location sensors…

Thanks

i am also looking forward to this

As said earlier, devices starting from Android 10 requires special permission to track the location from the background, since and the ways it works are different, you cannot use location sensor for android 10+ devices.

For the extension, since it’s not a primary concern, you will have to use an external extension that does for you and use it with it.

1 Like

good night,

Has anyone managed to make the sending of the location in the background work using a timer?
I’ve already noticed that everyone needs it, but so far the closest thing we’ve been able to do with @xoma’s help was to send the location by pressing a button.
but using a clock to send the location from time to time with no background was not possible.
if anyone managed, please share it with us, the community will be very grateful.

Hi! Can someone help me please? I’ve been on this for over 12 hours. I’ve read everything, but I can’t get a result.

I want to get a Tiny and compare with Firebase, if they are different I want to notify.

I tried several different ways, but I was only able to compare Firebase with an integer, like:

You have to compare texts with "anotherText".equals(AnotherText) quotes by ".

1 Like

Hi Xoma! Thanks for the reply and for this great extension.

One question: makeExtra → invoke[ID] and data:NAME only return a result if they are directly linked to a list?

For example, If I insert a text block with “data:VARNAME” in a join block the return is a string “data:VARNAME” not the var content

1 Like

Hey guys. I’m trying to send a background web request with the background task extension. I formulate the request with a body by creating a function and formulating the body with key and value but when I insert a variable in the value (indicated with {% 2}) in the request portal the value is not the value of the variable but the text {% 2}. How can I solve?

Hi,

You cant use the “{%2}” for the parm second, this is only limited to the text blocks.

Ok,so how can i do?