Discussion about Rules Enforcement

Sure. Rules are rules no doubt. But the problem starts while moderator(s) behaves like an amateur and try us to teach behaviour. Indians think that Kodular is agains them? No, we don’t really think but situation makes us think so.

2 Likes

Look at the Kodular team. Have you looked? They work much much much more than we do. Oh! Someone will say: they do it because they make money. Oh! This is obvious ! But what about us? Aren’t we making money from it? Or trying to win? They, the Staff, have a lot of work. When Companion stops, they receive 299,000 complaints. And now they have to take care of particularities … yes particularities that are NOT part of the community. Please understand: rules are rules …

3 Likes

Don’t know about others. But at least I’m not trying to achieve money target. Serving to user is always my priority. I’ve only two apps on Kodular since 2018.

2 Likes

You didn’t focus on the team that runs Kodular …

So don’t think so :exploding_head:

You shouldn’t think someone is against you unless they right out say it to you (and staff would and should never say this) and no one here has said this about anyone on the community.

This is a great example of what you just said about yourselves. Now you’re gonna make mods feel like people against them. And I’m sure there are people who are actually against them for doing their job (and I was once too), but we all change. The category got removed and they essentially punished all of us for ones doing because people took the fun out of an off-topic category which is why I’ve stopped commenting on most posts from there previously.

6 Likes

Yes, I understand the hard work that they are doing to keep kodular running for us. And I appreciate that. But I always believe on outcomes of your hard work. If outcomes are not up to the mark, I don’t really care how much you worked for it.

3 Likes

Perhaps I did not understand your comment: did you say that the result of the free Kodular team’s work is not satisfactory? It is ?

I never created a topic that is not necessary for me. Also, never replied to the topic that I think is a waste (Generally off-topics).

3 Likes

And I never said you’re the one who created topics there that ruined the fun of it

5 Likes

He didn’t speak specifically about you …

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I’m sorry, while replying, I thought you will take it in a wrong way! Sorry for not elaborating. But I was talking about the way they handel community.

2 Likes

I totally agree with @diego.

If all the effort and time dedicated to off topics were used to create applications and to learn, we wouldn’t have to be answering so many questions about how things are done in kodular, or how blocks are used, or how airtable data is obtained, for example…

The off topic lately was nonsense.

5 Likes

But it really helped members to come closer. Is not it?

2 Likes

It did, at one point. Many years ago.

2 Likes

It’s still doing the job. Hopefully, we will see the effect of removing off-topic category in near future when no members will talk to you out of their business.

2 Likes

Sorry did not understand 69 :beer: :slightly_smiling_face:
Now 71 :slightly_smiling_face: :beer:

In the past it did it.

Look, I think offtopic was a way to make people feel closer. But what really brings us closer is the desire to learn.

I think if you want to make friends, use a social network. If you want to learn how to make apps without programming, use kodular. And if you have doubts about how to make those apps, ask in the forum that someone will happily help you.

I think having that category distracts you from what really matters.

And don’t be confused. There are a lot of people here who help disinterestedly. This isn’t going to turn into a jungle because we don’t have an offtopic category

4 Likes

Many members get closer with help of off-topic discussions and in fact many of them became friends! So yes, in my opinion off-topic helps to make community a friendly place.

3 Likes

Perfect , exactly…

2 Likes

A friendly place is not excluding people.

3 Likes