Don't show permission error message when denied by user

Hi guys, I would like to know can you hide the error message 908: the permission … has been denied. that appears when the user refused to obtain said permission.

What I want is that if the user rejected said permission, an alert message will not appear saying that you have denied permission “name”.

1 Like

This might be handled by the system itself, but I’m not sure because I just checked App Inventors source and it appears that there’s nothing that could show a toast saying the permission was denied.

Found the source code (edit)

It starts here… appinventor-sources/Form.java at c2bd83d45cef4cc33fddc915ccbda3e93316dfa8 · mit-cml/appinventor-sources · GitHub

Then it delegates to here… appinventor-sources/Form.java at c2bd83d45cef4cc33fddc915ccbda3e93316dfa8 · mit-cml/appinventor-sources · GitHub

And then finally, shows the toast from here… appinventor-sources/Form.java at c2bd83d45cef4cc33fddc915ccbda3e93316dfa8 · mit-cml/appinventor-sources · GitHub

Conclusion

As @Taifun said, use the 𝚂𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗.𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛𝙾𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍 event or the 𝚂𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗.𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚍 event to make it disappear. Whichever you like better!

Try the Screen.ErrorOccurred event to catch that error

Taifun

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.