Image Optimizer extension issue in Android 11

I just wanted to confirm one thing. I still can’t enter the photo gallery on an android 11, right?
Thanks

what exactly are you trying to do?
to pick an image from the gallery? did you try the image picker component?

Taifun

The application saves an image selected from the photo gallery in the firebase storage.
I have a user who used that application from a Xiaomi with android 11 and cannot perform such action, but on other devices with a lower Android they can.
Before saving the image to firebase storage the image is compressed with “ImageOptimizer1”.
Thanks for being interested in helping me Taifun.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Sorry for the delay, in the next image you will see the blocks of the image saving screen. The committed blocks are:
Foto 1 o Foto 2 o Foto 3
BtnCamara
BtnGaleria
camara
SelectorDeImagen1
ImageOptimizer1
As I mentioned last time, you cannot get a photo from the photo gallery or upload a photo just taken to Firebase.
I would like to clarify in advance that the write and read authorizations in the memory were given manually and that only the problem occurs in android 11 since I also tested it in android 10 and 7 and the application works without any problem.
Thanks again Taifun

Is the problem

1. to pick or take a picture, or
  2. to upload the image to firebase?

Try a to create and test simple example project, which elicits the issue…

Taifun

Hi Taifun, I think I found what causes an error in the application, when using the ImageOptimizer 1 extension in Android 11 I get the error “Operation not permitted”, this extension uses the address

/storage/emulated/0/compressed.jpg

to save the compressed image.
What would you need to change for this extension to work properly on Android 11?
Note: I also mentioned you in the post about the extension made in the App Inventor forum.
Thanks
Image optimizer : Optimize images and reduce it’s size

you have to ask the author of the extension @Xoma
Taifun

2 Likes

Ok, Thanks Taifun, I will post the solution here when I write to the author.

You can no longer save in the root dir of the external storage on Android 11+. Save in one of the Shared folders or in the ASD:

or in the shared folder /Download:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.