Download an APK to App-Specific Directory (ASD) and install it without permissions

No error should occur as long as there is a network / internet connection. You could catch this by querying the isConnected event.

1 Like

And also what if the app is closed while downloading? does the downloading pause or continue?

Restart the download …

1 Like

please add progress event…

hey, i tried this but its not working. that file is already exist but it still downloading a new file with new name.
i dont know what is wrong

You should debug your blocks. The File component need needs a relative path for the File.Exists method.

See also here:

1 Like

… and here (post #4)

1 Like

Read it this way:
path (of) APK

1 Like

Thank you for this amazing extension .

1 Like

I did this and it worked, thank you soo much.

1 Like

Fine, but you can avoid an additional extension (TaifunFile):

1 Like

Note: The extension is now updated to AndroidX libs.

First, I want to congratulate you on your excellent work. I used your solution to create a private (non-commercial) app for my family and your part worked perfectly. But I need your help and the community to finish this my app, because it’s still not 100% complete and as I need it for my family’s use. As we all have cars with Android Auto, I’m putting in this app I’m creating an installer of useful apps for use on Android Auto, like Screen2Auto, Fermata Auto, and more. The problem is that this type of app needs some authentication (this I think) to be installed by another app, such as the AAStore and AAAD apps. When I try to install some of these apps from the app I was creating with your install solution, the app doesn’t work properly on Android Auto. Could you and the community help me with this? Just tell me how I get it and I’ll have all the trouble to do, no problem. I look forward to your help and the community please!!!

Hi Anke,

after i Installed your APKInstall v5 and only drop the extension into Screen1, im not able to Compile the APK. I get the following error Message, maybe u can see what the Problem is, ty.

Kodular is unable to compile this project.
The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating animation xml
________Creating fragment xml
________Creating listview xml in res/layout/…
________Creating listview xml in res/layout-v21/…
________Creating xml in res/drawable/…
________Creating splash png in res/drawable/…
________Creating colors xml
________Creating styles xml
________Creating drawables xml v21
________Checking for firebase
________________Firebase components found.
________________Firebase config file successfully added.
________Creating provider_path xml
________Creating network_security_config xml
________Generating adaptive icon file
________Generating round adaptive icon file
________Generating adaptive icon background file
________Generating manifest file
________Attaching native libraries
________Attaching Android Archive (AAR) libraries
________Attaching component assets
________Invoking AAPT
AAPT time: 1.287 seconds
________Compiling source files
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Dokumente.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Dokumente)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/EmailTBS.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.EmailTBS)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Einstellungen.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Einstellungen)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Kontakte.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Kontakte)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Ticketsystem.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Ticketsystem)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Screen1.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Screen1)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Downloads.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Downloads)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Technik.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Technik)
(compiling io/kodular/abm_com_app/S30_TK/Startseite.yail to io.kodular.abm_com_app.S30_TK.Startseite)
(compiling /tmp/runtime6903766324395304431.scm to com.google.youngandroid.runtime)
Kawa compile time: 7.036 seconds
________Invoking DX
DX time: 21.771 seconds
________Invoking ApkBuilder
com.android.sdklib.build.ApkCreationException: Failed to add /tmp/1628499676819_0.8598770255207662-0/youngandroidproject/…/build/tmp/classes3.dex
YAIL compiler - ApkBuilder failed.

I checked my extension again. I built an test APK. No issues …
App work as expected. There might be problem with something else …

I got the Error too.

I checked it again on Android 11: no problems at all.
Create a test app with only my extension and test … it will work …

1 Like

Yeah, I think it conflicts with a other Component or Extension.

Above error is mainly caused when two extension of a project have same library. And this extension does not contain any library as I can guess by its size. So I think there are other extension of your project are generating this error.

1 Like

Seems like a pretty small Library because export has worked before import.