Draw text over imagesprite

I m working on Canvas and there is a litle problem with Draw Text block.When I draw text and move imagesprite over text.Text still behind of the imagesprite.So user cant see drawed text.

1 Like

This is not a bug. This is default in AppInventor. You are trying to have an image behind the block.

But maybe I have an idea to get what you want:

• Create 2 Image Sprites.
  • When you set the text create a copy of canvas and set it in a image sprite. (make sure the have no background color)
  • Set X value of the Image Sprite with the orange block higher then the X value of the text Sprite

I have not tested this and I don’t know if it works, but you can try it. If this works, then please mark this as solution so other people can use it too.

Hello sander thanks for reminder me one of old method but there is a litle problem.I need draw 16x text.So your method is not good for it ı already have 16imagesprite and for your method i need use 16x again.Maybe ı can use your modified method.Just use background ass orange and draw text and save it.And set background to red and do same operation.So need do 32x operation for my problem.But why not just add a z option for draw text.Its better than all methods.

We will take a look at this. I will add this to the to-do list.

2 Likes