Edit or Modify the AAB file

error - ‘git’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Error 1 - special characters ($) in public.xml

[base]-Compile_resource_error task [base]-Compile_resources Execution_exception_status:-1 msg:temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3348: error: resource ‘drawable/$avd_hide_password__0’ has invalid entry name ‘$avd_hide_password__0’. Invalid character ‘$avd_hide_password__0’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3349: error: resource ‘drawable/$avd_hide_password__1’ has invalid entry name ‘$avd_hide_password__1’. Invalid character ‘$avd_hide_password__1’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3350: error: resource ‘drawable/$avd_hide_password__2’ has invalid entry name ‘$avd_hide_password__2’. Invalid character ‘$avd_hide_password__2’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3351: error: resource ‘drawable/$avd_show_password__0’ has invalid entry name ‘$avd_show_password__0’. Invalid character ‘$avd_show_password__0’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3352: error: resource ‘drawable/$avd_show_password__1’ has invalid entry name ‘$avd_show_password__1’. Invalid character ‘$avd_show_password__1’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3353: error: resource ‘drawable/$avd_show_password__2’ has invalid entry name ‘$avd_show_password__2’. Invalid character ‘$avd_show_password__2’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3354: error: resource ‘drawable/$ic_star__0’ has invalid entry name ‘$ic_star__0’. Invalid character ‘$ic_star__0’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3355: error: resource ‘drawable/$ic_star__1’ has invalid entry name ‘$ic_star__1’. Invalid character ‘$ic_star__1’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3356: error: resource ‘drawable/$ic_star__2’ has invalid entry name ‘$ic_star__2’. Invalid character ‘$ic_star__2’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3357: error: resource ‘drawable/$ic_star__3’ has invalid entry name ‘$ic_star__3’. Invalid character ‘$ic_star__3’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3358: error: resource ‘drawable/$ic_star__4’ has invalid entry name ‘$ic_star__4’. Invalid character ‘$ic_star__4’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3359: error: resource ‘drawable/$ic_star__5’ has invalid entry name ‘$ic_star__5’. Invalid character ‘$ic_star__5’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml:3360: error: resource ‘drawable/$ic_star__6’ has invalid entry name ‘$ic_star__6’. Invalid character ‘$ic_star__6’.
temp_20210901091259\decode_apk_dir\res\values\public.xml: error: file failed to compile.

Error 2 - ?

—[base]-Compressed_zip
Exception in thread Thread-18:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Albeci Nogueira\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\threading.py”, line 973, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “C:\Users\Albeci Nogueira\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\threading.py”, line 910, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File “C:\Users\Albeci Nogueira\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\subprocess.py”, line 1479, in _readerthread
buffer.append(fh.read())
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘gbk’ codec can’t decode byte 0x82 in position 10: illegal multibyte sequence

Error 3 - Build .aab

—Build_aab
----time_consuming :3.774174928665161 Build_aab status:-1 msg:[BT:1.6.1] Error: File ‘temp_20210901091259\modules\base.zip’ was not found.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File ‘temp_20210901091259\modules\base.zip’ was not found.
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:217)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.model.utils.files.FilePreconditions.checkFileExistsAndReadable(FilePreconditions.java:35)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.commands.BuildBundleCommand.lambda$validateInput$2(BuildBundleCommand.java:280)
at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.forEach(ImmutableList.java:406)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.commands.BuildBundleCommand.validateInput(BuildBundleCommand.java:277)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.commands.BuildBundleCommand.execute(BuildBundleCommand.java:201)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.BundleToolMain.main(BundleToolMain.java:73)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.BundleToolMain.main(BundleToolMain.java:49)

task Build_aab Execution_exception_status:-1 msg:[BT:1.6.1] Error: File ‘temp_20210901091259\modules\base.zip’ was not found.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File ‘temp_20210901091259\modules\base.zip’ was not found.
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:217)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.model.utils.files.FilePreconditions.checkFileExistsAndReadable(FilePreconditions.java:35)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.commands.BuildBundleCommand.lambda$validateInput$2(BuildBundleCommand.java:280)
at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.forEach(ImmutableList.java:406)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.commands.BuildBundleCommand.validateInput(BuildBundleCommand.java:277)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.commands.BuildBundleCommand.execute(BuildBundleCommand.java:201)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.BundleToolMain.main(BundleToolMain.java:73)
at com.android.tools.build.bundletool.BundleToolMain.main(BundleToolMain.java:49)

What can it be?
I thank you in advance for your efforts to bring us this tool. Thank you very much

task Unzip input_apk Execution abnormal status:-1 msg:Input file (folder\abbtest.apk) was not found or was not readable.

@dvdrothen got this error because the that’s a limitation of multiprocessing, especially on Windows and module can’t import. This is from the multiprocessing docs python

did you installed the requirments.txt modules and python and java 8 are in your path ??

it seems like your pc is having low specs

I have 2 fixes for you

threading.py error "multiprocessing"

go to the run.py script in APK TO AAB folder and delete those 3 line from 445 to 447 and try now
those 3 line look like this

finally:
        pass
        status, _ = delete(temp_dir)

this will make the script write only it will don’t delete the created the temporary

above fix doesn't work then use this

download this script run.py delete that script and paste this script and now run it and be sure that you make your out put folder not in C drive or window install drive

kill the java process if it already running in task manager

and @Albeci_Nogueira you was try a long method try to use google or try above method

if you guys got error in tool then you can try long method

1 Like

Your apk is corrupted

Your Androidmanifest.xml incorrect means incorrect modification of you have done

I already mentioned many time you need to resign it I use temporary key to sign your aab file

I only edited XML file using tool mentioned by you. I replaced 29 to 30 at all three and only places. What went wrong?

after modifying the xml, try to install the app on the mobile, if installing normally means that it hasn’t corrupted the apk and you can proceed with the steps.

2 Likes

Can you post the out put error here because you just mentioned the my command from main Post

Not readable error come in many ways

this is output error only. i copied it from cmd.
“task Unzip input_apk Execution abnormal status:-1 msg:Input file (folder\abbtest.apk) was not found or was not readable.”

Your path should like this C:\User\username\desktop\folder\yourApkName.apk

It is that only, I edited my file name to your only so that you can’t question me that why I am not following your tutorial

i tried again, tested apk too, its fully installing on phone.

1 Like

Method solved by
Author SimpleDimple

Tutorial
Edit or Modify the AAB file - change API 29 to 30 android 11
How to add asset and sign aab file

APK_TO_AAB
it was shared with the community by its author.
Beyond seeing the tutorial or not, the tool you use belongs
@Shreyaa

Author
simple125345
APK_TO_AAB download

this is also same. now tell me solution.

You checked my tutorial

I’m using the fastest method.

Python and Java are ok. Python in the same version you use. They are in the ​​system variables, my OS is W10.

On my phone, I can open the manifest and change it to 30 with no problem.

But there is always an error.

On the computer, I put the modified .apk file, in the same folder as the files downloaded from GitHub, run the process and give the error: -time_consuming: 0.6409380435943604 Build_aab status: -1 msg: [BT: 1.6.1] Error: The file ‘temp_20210901174513 \ modules \ base.zip’ was not found.

All lines are below. I’m grateful if you can help me. Taking advantage of the post, this python script takes the .apk and makes the .aab file? Or do I have to have the .aab file with some kind of modification? It wasn’t clear to me that.

Thank you for your attention.

I have the same problem, I quickly copied the temporary folder. And I saw that it doesn’t have the base.zip.

Then, right after, the error occurs.

On my phone, I can open the manifest and change it to 30 with no problem.
R.- Use APK Editor Studio
To edit the apk

[BT: 1.6.1] Error: The file ‘temp_20210901174513\modules\base.zip’ was not found.

Check the bar symbols that do not contain spaces you are typing the path of
temp_20210901174513\modules\base.zip “Right”
temp_20210901174513 \ modules \ base.zip “incorrect”

wrong Try this path

C:\Users\Belsoft\APK_TO_AAB>python run.py -i C:\Users\Belsoft\APK_TO_AAB\LogInTutorial.apk
–o C:\Users\Belsoft\APK_TO_AAB\o\LogInTutorial.aab

Remember when writing a path in the CMD terminal you have to respect the blank spaces,
commas and writing symbols

show me the command you executed