Error in 1.5.5: “The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen Screen1 will not be saved"

Hello,
After Kodular recently upgraded to 1.5.5, My project seems to have corrupted and my Screen1 blocks have been deleted. The above error message is shown when I open the app in Kodular Creator. The project was perfectly fine yesterday too.
When I opened the aia in unchive, I found that there is a red exclamatory mark next to each KodularAdManagerBanner and KodularAdManagerRewarded ad unit. Is there any way I can edit the aia in an older version of Kodular? Or edit the aia/aiv file to remove the error? Please help. Thanks

If you wish post here your aia

Try this one Soundboardv1.aia (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Hello !

I have the same issue. Project works fine yesterday but not today. The only change seems to be the last 1.5.5 update. The issue seems to affect only the screen1.

Some blocks (most of them!) have been deleted. I use the following extensions : HorizontallScrollHAndler, Kl04_base64, webviewtools, sortlist, floatingactionview, tinydbbackup, taifunfile, taifunimage, taifunzip, filetools, qr, dynamiccomponents, tformat.

I also notice modification in the File built-in component (add “scope” input in File.exist).

Thank you for your becoming help !

1 Like

You mean this one, if so then the error is due to this change…

bild

Yes. The block is now like this :

component_method (1)

And when I want to drop the component in the Designer, I got the message : “An internal error has occurred”

Technical data :

notes = Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
foundIn = 1.5.5-Fenix
faultData = com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: Exception caught: undefined

I can’t help you with this as Kodular has to fix this

But on the other hand, this one I can if you feel comfortable in editing your aia

To overcome the error until it’s get fixed

Open the broken screen .bky file by using 7zip and edit.

bild

Find
method_name=“Exists”, select and cut but only if it contains type text block

paste just below </block> NOTE: it can vary from project to project where to paste

where to paste

find the last </block>
bild

do this process if you have multiple Exists block

P.S there might be other blocks as well that causes this error

As you can see we are unable to attach type text to scope but in the above example it is and there by it breaks the whole project

Fileexists

8 Likes

After several trials, I managed to recover “lost” blocks thanks to your method.

Effectively, it’s necessary to modify all methods with scope input (i.e. copy file, list directory…). I notice also that the Create Directory method doesn’t exist any more.

Now, I will fix the new File methods and then check the Camera.AfterPicture issue : https://community.kodular.io/t/error-201-after-update-1-5-5-camera-did-not-return-an-image/186287

Thanks again for your useful and quick help !

It Works!
Thank You so much for your help. After seeing the other replies to this post, I have received great insight on the problem and can now work out a solution! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I have to say that didn’t work for me. So, I deleted any line (or block where it was called) inside the .scm file, but I also had to delete within the src file the line I highlight. I think they are the components used in the project.

I have managed to recover all the blocks, except those referring to File1, of course.

After this, although I love Kodular and everything that can be done, I will consider continuing to work here. It does not give me security to deliver a project and that it works well for a long time.

Thank you very much for the solution!!

Workaround

As of Fenix 1.5.6 new bug has been presented, follow the guide above but instead of searching for

Search for
method_name="IsDirectory"

go to value name=“ARG0”

and change it to value name=“ARG1

Optional

make a space and paste the below code

<value name="ARG0">
      <block type="helpers_dropdown" id="xn5oR_9oBBP,*Y(y1~D`">
        <mutation key="FileScope"></mutation>
        <field name="OPTION">App</field>
      </block>
    </value>

You are done, save reupload you project

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.