🏷️ Extension Badges – The compatibility of your extension!

Extension Badges

Today, I am releasing a bundle of badges for Extension Developers to use on their topics when releasing their extensions! They’re mainly to signify the compatibility when used with Kodular, however, they can be used in any other way as long as you can make it make sense.

Dark variants

* Scaled down to 30%.

Kodular Exclusive Kodular Exclusive New

Kodular Exclusive New 2 Kodular Exclusive New 2.1

Kodular Exclusive New 2.2 Kodular Exclusive

Kodular Exclusive New Kodular Exclusive New 2

Kodular Exclusive New 2.1 Kodular Exclusive New 2.2

Light variants

* Scaled down to 30%.

Kodular Exclusive Kodular Exclusive New

Kodular Exclusive New 2 Kodular Exclusive New 2.1

Kodular Exclusive New 2.2 Kodular Exclusive

Kodular Exclusive New Kodular Exclusive New 2

Kodular Exclusive New 2.1 Kodular Exclusive New 2.2

Neutral variants

* Scaled down to 30%.

Kodular Exclusive New 3

Questions

Why are the “Exclusive to Kodular” variants larger than the others?

I fail to understand how the height of every variant is the same in the software, up until I export them.

Why is there a white line to the left or right of the dark variant badges when I open it in a new tab?

I also fail to understand this when none of the badges have white around their border.

9 Likes

Maybe you could open source your designs so other extension developers could use them for other builders like App Inventor?

4 Likes

I cannot understand What are these Can you Explain More

2 Likes

For example, an extension might have been built with Rush, where you can get a Support derivative of the AndroidX version, however, you won’t post both versions on Kodular since it doesn’t support AndroidX yet. The “Exclusive to Kodular” badge can be used since only the Support derivative can be used with Kodular, not App Inventor or some other distributions. The “Compatible with Kodular” badge can also be used in this case!

1 Like

Wow nice, thank you for the badges. How do I use them correctly? :)

1 Like

Thanks for asking @Xoma! Here are some guidelines as to how they’re meant to be used in an ideal situation…

Compatible with Kodular

• Must not be used with the “Incompatible with Kodular” badge.
  • Use if the extension is compatible with Kodular, obviously.
  • Use if the extension is compatible with Kodular, but not other distributions, including App Inventor.

Exclusive to Kodular

• Use if the extension includes a resource that may not work with another distribution, such as the extension icon being larger than 16x16.
  • Use if the extension is compatible with Kodular, but not other distributions, including App Inventor.
  • Use if the extension is only being released for Kodular and for no other distribution.

Incompatible with Kodular

This shouldn’t have to be used often, you should make sure your extension is always compatible with the platform you’re releasing it on.

• Must not be used with the “Compatible with Kodular” badge.

• [As of May '21] Use if the extension is incompatible with Kodular, such as the extension not having a Support derivative.

• [As of May '21] Use if the extension doesn’t have a “App Inventor Dependent Class.” An App Inventor Dependent Class is a class that is included with App Inventor at its last release, but not some of it’s distributions at the release or last upgrade of your extension.

For example, some annotations are missing for Kodular from App Inventor, therefore your extension would be incompatible with Kodular because it would be unable to perform properly since it’s missing an App Inventor Dependent Class.

May I know Where To Add in My Extension Post

1 Like

Great question @Enderman! You can add the badges anywhere in your topic :)

Can You Just Give An Example Here Where should I add So that post will be Looking Beautiful
[Free/OS] [Ver 1.1 Asteroid] Razorpay Payment API Based Extension - Extensions - Kodular Community

You can add a badge to the top or bottom of your topic, which would be here.

1 Like