Extension Request: Sun Position Calculator

Hello,
I do love photography and I’d like to create an app to calculate some useful parameters like Golden Hour time, Sunset time and similar ones.

I spent a lot of time searching for an extension capable to do this, but I found nothing apart from some extensions that calculate only the Sunrise time.

The parameters I need are:

• Sunrise Time
  • Blue Hour Start and End Time (morning and evening)
  • Golden Hour Start and End Time (morning and evening)
  • Sunset Time

If you already know an extension that can do this, please tell me.
Otherwise, if someone finds this extension idea interesting and would like to code it, it would be great!

Thank you in advance! :))

Maybe you could use an api to get sunrise, sunset time depending your location. After that you could create a custom procedure to calculate blue hour and golden hour

1 Like

Firstly, thank you for your suggestion :))
Yes, I thought about using apis too, I also found some useful ones online to do this, but, unfortunately, at the moment I don’t know how to code extensions yet or use apis in my projects…

If you search community you will find many examples of how to use web component and dictionary blocks to get data fron an api, for example

1 Like

Thank you so much, I will surely try doing this! :))

When the extension only uses formulas, it’s not too hard to do. I followed a topic here in the community. And now, there’s the Rush tool (I didn’t use it) that helps.

If you try, I believe you can.

One of the simple extensions I made for learning purposes.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll try to do it on my own then :))
I didn’t expect it to be so easy, I’ll start working on it as soon as possible!

1 Like

That’s what I followed

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll follow it step by step and try to figure out how to build my very first extension :slight_smile:

2 Likes