Extension to download file(s) to ASD (app-specific directory) without WRITE permission

i want to open file after download completed but crashed please help me

I am suing this extension and I real like it.

But I am lacking two features on this aix 1. Stop Download Or Pause and 2. cancel download kindly can you add this feature to your extension it will be powerful than ever no one made custom Downloader

I

I don’t real know what is wrong with my blocks but the app crushes when it starts to download

My point is that when download completed I want then to move the file into my directory named Download/ViDrop and delete the file from ASD

Sorry can someone help me know where I am not right.

Try /Download/... as toFileName, see also the documentation
Taifun

I have tried but nothing works

and sorry @Taifun does Taifun file need special permission in order to move the File, which Google don’t want such as MANAGE_EXTENAL_STORAGE

See if this is the case

Which Android version are you testing on?

Thank you for your response @bodymindpower

currently I am using Android 9 but I since I don’t have many devices I would kindly ask to know which blocks can work for all Android Versions

I will real appreciate

Ok, then you must ask for WRITE permission manually, as mentioned by @Anu10.

See also here:

1 Like

sure I just wanted to know if Move File & Delete do need that permission also should I use TaifunFile or which Extension

Move to Shared folder /Download needs WRITE permission on Android < 11, but delete a file from ASD of course not.

1 Like

But what does that matter since you have to request WRITE on Android < 11 anyway.

Good and if I move the file will I need to declare Delete file path again or it will be moved permanently and the ASD will be empty?

Yes, but what about trying …

sure I am trying but I don’t have Android 11 so I want to know which method can I use so that all version will work without error

please help me i want to open pdf after download how do that

As already posted:

Note : Since WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission no longer exists on Android 11+, without MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE there is no way to save files outside of the ASD , Private dir or Shared folders. Or you must use SAF.

That type of permision is not allowed by google, I used Deephost Custom downloader and got e

Tried to add permission and it is ok granted but the app not downloading

This is what I get

We all know that. What do you want to tell - whoever - by posting my post now a third time?