Extension to download file(s) to ASD (app-specific directory) without WRITE permission

Not clear. What do you mean?

1 Like

Ok I will take a look . :+1:t2: Thanks

1 Like

From Android documentation:

Internal storage directories: These directories include both a dedicated location for storing persistent files, and another location for storing cache data. The system prevents other apps from accessing these locations, and on Android 10 (API level 29) and higher, these locations are encrypted. These characteristics make these locations a good place to store sensitive data that only your app itself can access.
1 Like

I know that, but what does it have to do with this topic?

I just thought it’s a good place to ask about it as you dealt with the similar problem. Everyone is concerned about the external storage but the internal storage is missed in action.

I know that, but what does it have to do with this topic?

A lot of things. Is there any better place to ask about the internal storage? I would like to know if internal storage extension is hard to implement or there are other circumstances why you didn’t make it.

1 Like

Yes, of course.

The assets (→ Internal Storage) are read-only.
The app package is saved in:

/data/data/<packageName>/

The only component that can write to the Private directory (→ internal storage, see here)

/data/user/0/<packageName>/files/

is the File component.
There is also no extension that does it.

1 Like

I opend my android folder today and i saw this…
I have some doubt
Will the file component and your extension still work in Android 11.

1 Like

→ Post #16

2 Likes

The content of this dir is no longer visible with Android 11+ on the device:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/

So also the ASD is no longer visible with Android 11+, but the dir and files are there and accessible through your app.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Write / save in the Private dir (internal storage)

The last 10 posts were about the Private dir (internal storage), but this topic is about downloading to the ASD (→ external storage).

So I moved these posts to a new topic (“Write to Private dir”).

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Is WRITE permission needed to edit a file in the ASD?

I love this extension.
May we have more function like download to cache? or private folder?
and progress indicator telling us how much/percent downloaded?

and one more:
the new downloaded file will be renamed if same name file exist, and we don’t know what is the new name.

1 Like

2 Likes

The new Kodular update will come later this month. This will result in a number of drastic changes that affect, among other things, “Scoped storage”, AndroidX libs and Android 11 (targetSdkVersion = 30).

In this respect, all app developers who publish apps in the Play Store and all extension developers should urgently make appropriate adjustments.

Note:
The current version of this extension can no longer be used under AndroidX, but the AI2 version, which has already been adapted for AndroidX:

As soon as the Kodular update is done, I will upload the new extension.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the Great extension.

Can I download any file without giving notification in the notification bar with this extension?

1 Like

Is there any quick method to upgrade to new extension?
Or I have to do it manually?

1 Like

:tada: :confetti_ball: :partying_face:

1 Like

Isn’t that quickly enough?

2 Likes

In my case, it will take a lot of time.
Didn’t use Dynamic component :pensive:

1 Like