[F/OS] - Dynamic Components Extension (for every component) 2.3.0

Async tasks have limitations along with benefits.

You won’t learn when/if the component has created without using an additional event.

EDIT:
I’m thinking of publishing the new versions with two releases, as asynchronous and as synchronous. So people can use any release that they want. And both can be updated together, maybe? :thinking:

Exactly.

Because you are such a amazing developer who broke the limitation of custom listview on MIT, i really hope you can find a way to deal with it. you’ve done that no one else did.

when setting properties, is it possible that the extension first checks if the component has been created and set only when done? or any other way that will set properties of component created with async method?

did you know if the listview of popular apps like facebook created with async method?

Yes, but it is not needed for synchronous. If it is asynchronous, it needs a additional event block to trigger. To know if the component has been created, check if the ID contains in the UsedID list.

So you basically want SetProperty block to wait the app until extension is created?

It was just my thought. im not sure how things will work on async method. im fine with any method you bring for us :slight_smile:

This table may help you a bit :slightly_smiling_face:

Asynchronous Synchronous (current)
Execution Speed :white_check_mark: Same :white_check_mark: Same
Execution Time :white_check_mark: Same :white_check_mark: Same
Execution Method :white_check_mark: Doesn’t hang the main thread,
other blocks will be executed before previous has task completed.
:x: Hangs the main thread,
other blocks will be executed after previous task has completed.
What happens when executing Create block :x: It is unknown if the component is created or not because Create block won’t wait until the component is created. :white_check_mark: It is known that component is created because Create block will wait until the component is created.
What happens when executing SetProperty block :x: It may give an error if the component is still not created yet. :white_check_mark: It never gives an error because Create block will hang app until the component has created.
How to learn if the component is created without an event? :x: Use a Clock to check if the component is created continuously. Otherwise, you can’t know without using an event. :white_check_mark: When the next block executes.
How to learn if the component is created with an event? :white_check_mark: Use the related event. :white_check_mark: When the next block executes, or use the related event.
1 Like

this is why i need async :slight_smile:

You can also check this post.

1 Like

That will need lots of logic if you creating components in an arrangement - Because you have to wait until the component is finally created.

1 Like

So what’s your decision?

1 Like

I will wait for more feedbacks, let me see what others will think about it.

2 Likes

that’s so kind. i hope some people will involve.

2 Likes

This a good idea, If users will know the difference between them, then it will be helpful.
And also think about my request about the
Component Created Event.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve been using this extension for my app to build out my forms dynamically based on lists so that I can easily update what needs to be in there and push out updates. This has worked great for previous forms, like the daily truck check lists for our field technicians (this app is for a small lawn company). I am trying to build another one and everything seems to work fine in the companion until I build the app. Then I get a series of errors referring to trying to get an item of index 0 from a list.

I get four of these each showing the list with a different number of items, I am trying to build four sections of radio buttons out

I have tried to locate what is causing this and am coming up empty-handed. My employer is looking to impliment this ASAP and I’m hoping I can get someone to help me track this down? I think it’s related to this extension, which is why I’m posting this here. When I disabel the procedure that uses this extension to build out the sections the error stops (but the form doesn’t build dynamically).

I have the sections listed out in a Dictionary like this.

Then I grab the keys and put them in a list that I use to create each section in initialize
blocks (1)

Then I create the section.

Each individual component has a procedure as well, like this

and this

And I have a procedure to build out each question with the radio buttons needed.

I know this is long, I’m just really stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Not this extension’s fault… Apparently trying to update the Checked property of a toggle switch with the block is what is messing it all up. Who knew?

1 Like

Can anyone say me what’s the code to create horizontal arrangements?

1 Like

HorizontalArrangement
:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Opps, sorry i mean horizontal scroll arrangement

2 Likes

HorizontalScrollArrangement
:crazy_face:

3 Likes

How to Know Component Names -
component_method (2)

OR