[F/OS] Recycler List View - Render larger data sets efficiently using `RecyclerView` for AppInventor & Distros

Thank you for clarifying it

1 Like

I haven’t tested schema yet but hopefully it will work. If you have any issues, just mention and I will try to help. Plus if you can share the project containing schema blocks, please do so. It will save me a lot of time. Regards.

Have you tried the search feature on it, according to the normal method, or is there a change in the method of blocks?

1 Like

exctension that I think will make many people prefer kodular!!

1 Like

This extension works as a dynamic component extension ? So there is no big difference in blocks except only in procedures Is this true?

[image]

Yes possible, you can do it. Matter of few micro second your list will appear even search items too…

yeah sure, i have re created a sample project with the help of gsheet of having 500 items…

RecyclerList_2.aia (102.6 KB)

VID_20220509085230

Version2 (Search option enabled and everything using single recycler component but different arrangement and same procedur

RecyclerList_3.aia (124.2 KB)

@Ammaraldewani you can check up now.

5 Likes

Can it be used with databases without data delay problems? I mean, for example, placing more than one component of the database within the blocks and recalling them gradually?

like baserow , googlesheet ?

Yes no issue. This extension create components in a lightning fast… Expecting function, remove or delete… re creation is not a big matter.

1 Like

Great it will make the difference in using kodular. If you have enough time in the future
not now :sleepy:
[image] Can you make tutorial on how to use search in this app(that you have created)?

Oh yeah sure…

1 Like

Good work Zain :+1: :heart:
And it’s open-source, well done ! :clap:

4 Likes

@Still-learning @dora_paz @Franklin_Lopez @Boban and others interested in RecyclerList, I have a proposal of changing some blocks to make extension even more expressive.

Instead of Count, we can instead have Data property that accepts a list of data. And then you would be able to access individual list items inside OnBindView event. What are your thoughts??

Previous Blocks

count

on_bind_view

New Blocks

data

onbindview

Search List Example with new recycler implementation

:camera: Preview

20220509_143046

:file_folder: Project

What would you prefer?

Check sample project before voting.

• Count Property
  • Data Property

0 voters

15 Likes

One doubt:

If I have 14k row items , dynamic component created quickly but I am unable to generate individual lists as much as faster.

Each row 4 items. Totally 13k rows . App needs time to create each col into 4 lists… Is there any Recycler way of creating lists from base items?

And searching a item in 13k items recycler mode also feel lagging the app.

1 Like

Can you show what layout you want to implement?

1 Like

I have created Recycler view with Button and three labels in a cardview with the help of google sheet of having 4 colums… Like this more than 1000 cv i have created. Now i would like to search for a particular item (just like your previous Listutil extension).

If i search i wanna create the same like recycler based on search result…

Is there any way to have search result faster with more than 5k items?

1 Like

Well for searching a list this big, you should instead work on a background thread. The filtering process in slow. Recycler view doesn’t care how large your data is. Because it only renders views that are visible on the screen. I would recomment filtering data on a background thread.

4 Likes

I test it with a cvs file that contained ~13000 rows, 4 columns. Works really nice

See video

3 Likes

No, I just imported your csv to assets, no internet needed. Modified original aia provided by @Boban in How can i load big data(12600rows) from csv file using kodular dynamic without lag or freeze - #67 by Boban with latest version of extension, using data and ListUtils extension

1 Like

Your extension + gviz method was gives fantastic result…
Is there any way to clear generated list views ? If i do searching multiple times, result produces overlapping of list views

2 Likes

This is initial time needed to make a separate list (13k items into four lists).

1 Like