[F/OS] Recycler List View - Render larger data sets efficiently using `RecyclerView` for AppInventor & Distros

then set this option, then auto screen rotation wont work (either No sensor or landscape)

1 Like

Also rotating screen can’t affect button click unless you UI becomes very distorted

1 Like

Hi all
cool extension Thanks

Use an extension but an error appears in the calculation

Sorry, my English is poor

Post your test aia here

OK
tset2.aia (90.6 KB)

First of all you are getting errors because you use width percent with -2. Either set width to -2 or if using width percent value should be between 0 to 100

Right, I fixed this error
But I am talking about the result of the calculation
Example
9*22.7= 204.3
In the app appears

Try this
tset2_1.aia (90.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you it works fine

1 Like

@zainulhassan please Implement this function please . when we load more data at a single time database stuck or crash possibility increase .

What do you mean? Tested with a table that had 16000 rows, 5 colums and worked fine

@dora_paz and @zainulhassan This is not a green method to call all data at a time . example if you use multiple data using mysql quires when if you use pagination using Offset quires your app manage all data smoothly and your database are also save .

In this break point your app and database are both save.
If my point is wrong then why all popular app are using scroll loading system . Check your phone the popular app use scroll load function example when i scroll if bind count is 50 then i load next 50 data .

Share your opinion also .

and thanks @zainulhassan for this extension .

1 Like

I know that data should not be loaded all at once. Instead it should be loaded as user scrolls. In native android development there are libraries that handle such stuff like android’s paging library. However it is very difficult to use such libraries in extensions as they depend on a lot of other libraries. Still one can easily implement pagination using builtin methods available in recycler view. I will implement them in the next next version but general users will not be able to understand them quickly. But still I will add them so if anyone wants to use pagination, they would be able to do so.

4 Likes

@zainulhassan A big Thank You.

@dora_paz @Anu10 Everybody checkout the latest version. It adds support for extensive customization for updating data and animators. Check the sample to get more understanding. There may be issues currently so I don’t recommend to update production projects to version v1.0.4 however v1.0.3 is stable and can be used.

Latest Version

Sample

4 Likes

Not working

Please add

Hi
It shows me many errors

aia
tset3.aia (94.1 KB)

Try this one

tset3_1.aia (92.8 KB)

Thank you
When you set the number on zero, the result does not change.
when scrolling down the data returns or disappears