FileTools : Some tools to work with files

That’s good :smiley:
What android versions has been tested with extension?

Currently android 12 device.

Try in Android 13 and see if you are able to get access to complete /Android/data folder at once.

1 Like

Interesting, did you check it with the APK on Android 11+?
I checked it on Android 13 and there was no way to access it (via an app/ext).

1 Like

hello Shreyaa,

I use android 8.1 here and I can create the Comb folder in /Android/data… I just can’t save a file there

Shreyaa,

Where did you publish this extension ??

Is this extension your own ?? is this free??

I have not publish it and someone was sponsoring me for this extension and late on he disappeared.

So right now i don’t know what to do !! It took me days to achieve this and also Direct compile apk from builder doesn’t work. The apk Dex file is need to be modified then only it works. It sounds strange like we need to decompile the apk for file extension but in deep yes!.
I was making an automatic program to modify the apk.

I haven’t published any extensions from long time.

1 Like

On Android 8:

This doesn’t work on Android 11+.
So we’re curious to see what @Shreyaa might present to us.

1 Like

hello bodymindpower,

Thanks for answering me !

I don’t have that extension as shown in your image…

if you are looking for an extension, in this case the FileTools extension, then what about doing a search in the community or in the extensions directory? App Inventor Extensions | Pura Vida Apps
Taifun

1 Like

Dear Taifun

I have the FileTools extension installed in my project, but this block “Call>File1>CopyFile” with these options does not have

this is the file component

Taifun

1 Like

Dear Taifun,

Excuse my ignorance of not knowing these blocks that are native to Kodular :frowning:

I’m starting this kind of development!!!

Thanks for helping me !!!

Hugs

Dear bodymindpower,

I adapted your Blocks to my project and it worked perfectly :slight_smile:

I will do more tests and report back.

Thank you very much

I am trying to use this extension to create a file manager of my own.

This is just the base of code, to go through my directories and browse all files and folders.

The thing is that this doesn’t show me the directory of any file. It only shows the directory of folders.
Meaning there are no .png, .jpg, .pdf, .txt, only folder. Whenever I use the filter option in the .FIlesList function nothing happens. If i set withFolders = False then it returns an empty list.

How do i fix this and see files?

You don’t seem to be aware of changes made by Google in Android 11.

Also see: