Thanks, seems to works like a charm here to verify and delete the file

how to copy assets file to storage

use the Copy method…
remember: you only are able to copy to shared storage, see also the overview

Taifun

2 Likes

How do I get the content of a file back so I can show it to
the video player

I didn’t see an option for adding a file. Could that maybe be added?
If that’s what a directory is for, let me know.

That feature is not available in this extension, as you can use the File component.

Why android.permission.MANAGE_EXTERNAL_FILES is asked is it dangerous ?

see you other trhead in the App Inventor community Pick Pdf file on Android12 - #38 by Abbas_Gasri - MIT App Inventor Help - MIT App Inventor Community
please do not crosspost… first choose a builder and then only ask in that community… thank you…
Taifun

A post was split to a new topic: How can i upload any file and send to direct email

Hey guys,

First I would like to congratulate vknow360 for the initiative to create this extension that should even be native to Kodular!

I’m having trouble creating a folder on my smartphone’s sdcard (Android 8.1)
In Companion I am using it to create a Folder through “Create Directory” /sdcard/Posto and I see that it creates a folder sdcard/Posto in the internal storage
Also I can’t copy anything to that folder by “Copy File”

I ask for everyone’s help

The external removable sdcard is only readable, see also How do I download to SD card?

Taifun

1 Like

Thank you for answering me, Taifun

But, how do I copy files to a folder created in the internal storage of the smartphone by the File Tools extension of member vKnow360 ???
It’s not working in my project!!!

I’m wanting to make a “backup” of some file that would be to an sdcard or in an internal storage folder

Thanks from Brazil

Follow the Some basics on Android storage system

What about providing a screenshot of your relevant blocks?

Taifun

1 Like

Hi guys

follow my blocks…

Try to backup to shared storage rather than /Android/data/Comb

Taifun

1 Like

Hello Taifun,

The destination folder is exactly this… /Android/data/Comb, but it doesn’t work :frowning:

I am copying an image file as a test, but the folder is created and the file is not copied.

In fact, I want to copy the table file created by SQLite to another location and then be able to restore it to the app folder.

Taifun… . .

1 Like

You cannot access the Android/data in above android 10 with file tools extension.

You can only access your app specific directory with file tools extension.

After all it is possible to access Android/data folder but current extension cannot do that.

1 Like

To be precise, neither with FileTools nor with any other extension nor with any component or otherwise. This (relative) path /Android/data/Comb/ cannot be generated on Android 11+ programmatically, but only manually via the device. That doesn’t mean you can access it through an app, though.

@Eduardo_Ongarelli
So choose as backup folder the ASD (or a subfolder in it) or one of the Shared folders (as @Taifun suggested).

It possible. My extension was able to read and write inside the Android/data folder.:wink:

I haven’t publish it anywhere!

It can normally access the file inside android/data once permission is granted.