Firebase - Cloud Messaging Extension - Some Testers Needed

Here is the issue! Check your connection with Firebase Auth. Dont forget to upload google-services.json file in Assets. You will get the file from your Firebase console.

fcm.aia (1.7 MB)

Atleast now you can call it bug free,

Currently some buggy stuff is remove, will soon come with a client side version too,

latest aix

com.kabby.firey.firemessaging.aix (1.7 MB)

(Evil people to note,firebase credentials used in aia are of a test project, you cant harm my any content :stuck_out_tongue:)

9 Likes

It does work now but only when the app is closed. I don’t get notification when the app is open

2 Likes

worked for me. it would be great to have an option to push directly from the app

6 Likes

Let me see :grimacing:

I will add soon

2 Likes

@72erdelyi android - Firebase Notification does NOT show up when app is open - Stack Overflow

Its FCM original behavoir, however i will try some stuff
:smiley:

1 Like

Firebase notifications behave differently depending on the foreground/background state of the receiving app. If you want foregrounded apps to receive notification messages or data messages, you’ll need to write code to handle the onMessageReceived callback. For an explanation of the difference between notification and data messages, see Message types.

So you will need to construct notification yourself if app is running
:thinking:
@jarlissonlira2 's notification style may do the job successfully

:slight_smile:

[BETA] Added bootaware Firebase Messaging initialization features

Note : pic is not of an earning app :laughing: just a demo app

3 Likes

How can we send message if tag value changed or we have to do something else
@UnknownBeast

explain more

I mean that in onesignal we have to create new notification and there is a send button but for now in your extension how I can send notifications.
As you recieved a notification in above image. How

Open Firebase console

Complete steps to send notification
or simply if you are doing tests, do like

Click send test message option

Select tokens,

Click test button in end and Boom! its gonna work

2 Likes

Client edition will come by eve

1 Like

It’s working

1 Like

Glad to know

It should show up in notifications. not in app of corse.

If app is in background, FCM will manage to show up notification, else if app is active you need to display it manually

Is it able to send in app messaging

In app one needs xml resources :frowning: and kodular hasnt yet added it

1 Like

But if you are not getting it then there is nothing to show. Message received even does not get values