Firebase :firebase: vs Airtable :airtable:

I use it in Spanish and it goes perfectly. What you have to do is to use the web component and use the Uri_Encode_Text block and when you get the data you have to use the Uri_Decode_Text block, and with this you don’t have problems with special characters.

Each of the databases has its advantages. For example Airtable is better for sorting and filtering the data (try sorting the firebase data by date and name for example and you will see that you can’t). In Airtable you can use the views, to show only the data you are interested in (there are many people who don’t know how to use the views). You can create calculated fields. When you put a data, another column will be filled with a calculated data based on another one you put.

Obtaining data in Airtable is easier. In Firebase if you don’t know how to use the project bucket well you get nothing.

The problem with firebase is that if you make many requests, the free plan becomes small and you have to pay… I had an app with 100 users and firebase stopped working because I had the free plan…

I prefer Airtable, but for projects that require a real-time response, firebase is the best.

Both of these have limitations if you have a larage usage and large data to store

So the best alternative is to use
my sql
And i request @Kodular to add firebase firestore which can also be used instead of mysql
So at this time we have mysql and not have firestore
So try my sql incase u have a large data

But if u have small database then
air table is for u

And if u r working to show data in realtimes then firbase is best

Conclusion

The choice of your database depends on your data and its usage
And type of your audience
So instead of believing what others are saying is not enough everyone is giving their best according to their own experience but you have to choose only what you need and whats your need :blush::wink:

6 Likes

How much data can be stored in Google spreadsheet ??

I used airtable before, but it have some limitation. Firebase is more professional but harder. If your project is not too big, you may use airtable instead.

1 Like

use firebase :firebase: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
because firebase is firebase there is no comparison between airtable and firebase

5 Likes

I would say airtable < firebase. However the connection limit in free plan is quite high

1 Like

For me both are bad but I vouch for firebase , airtable is super bad

MYSQL or MongoDB are way better.

2 Likes

Lets do a final poll

Which database do you prefer ??

• Firebase :firebase:
  • Airtable :airtable:
  • MySQL
  • Other

0 voters

Because I don’t know how to use MySQL, so I prefer firebase :sweat_smile:

4 Likes
  1. MySQL / SQLite good as general purpose database
  2. Airtable is great for Media-focused database
  3. Firebase great for real-time DB needs and it is key value database which you can easily use to store JSON data.
  4. Redis is another good real-time database.
1 Like

So,
Let’s do all the goods and bads or Airtable and Firebase in a single post.

Mostly use Airtable Spreadsheet, It Works Fine With Large Data Too (Load Small Numbers of Row And after it loads, Get Another Rows…) (Thanks to @The_K_Studio for this method) and now I wanna try to use MySQL Database (Currently I Haven’t Any idea about its performance… Update u soon

1 Like

For most of the apps, which have some data stored on the internet, airtable is the easiest and the best
For other apps, like chat app, firebase or MySQL is the only way.

So, it is hard to say I use what? Answer would be I use firebase and airtable

Therefore, which one do you think works best with all kind of apps, small and big?

• Firebase :firebase:
  • Airtable :airtable:
  • Both are Equal :firebase: = :airtable:

0 voters

NB- Do not vote because only other are voting that choice, vote on that you think is best

1 Like

Airtable is good but slower than firebase

2 Likes

you can use json

1 Like

Airtable is much better than firebase because you do not need to pay more to airtable if in future your app gains users but is firebase is very expensive

2 Likes

Hey i see many people are using airtable for user database . but when i used in past its not working for me i faced some issue like . when a user update their data the index no is gone difference .like 3 colum name mobileno and email , first time i get the data in right index .but when a user make update request and a new user submit data the index no go mismatch like mobile no store in email or email store in mobile no… so i have post on kodular but not get the issue solved that’s why i move in MySQL its little slow but you can get any data according to your need .

3 Likes

I have a simple question.
If airtable Crossed 5 connection per second then I get which error.

Not 5 connections maybe.
5 API requests.
I don’t know the error.
Just don’t use Airtable.
Airtable provides api for office works, not for app backend.

3 Likes

I like airtable and firebase but Mysql
. Mysql isn’t easy for me and many steps so I prefer airtable & Firebase

1 Like