[FREE] BrightnessTools - Set brightness of your phone

It’s really an awesome extension!!

2 Likes

Thanks @ShinchanNohara

1 Like

Nice extension!

There is no sense in setting the second block to set the brightness as the current brightness.

1 Like

@Taifun How i store the previous brightness in a variable ?

before adjusting the brightness:
set global previousBrightness to BrightnessTools.Brightness

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

2 Likes

I am trying your aia file. The phone does not allow permission to the application. I don’t know the reason

1 Like

i guess thats not a problem with aia file

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Currently, I am quite busy so I don’t have much time. I will try fixing it within 2 weeks.

meanwhile as workaround you could try the paid version of the settings extension to set the brightness
Taifun

1 Like

thank you for your reply
I hope the problem will be solved soon

2 Likes

many many thanks

2 Likes

Wow… Awesome. I was looking the same extension for couple of days

2 Likes

Hi @WatermelonIce
Do you solve this problem ?

By using this default blocks of kodular we can maintain the certain amount of brightness in our app. Since clock timer, even user reduces or increased the brightness will back to the amount what we set up.

Screenshot_12

1 Like

i will try it ,thanks

I did some research and found I need to add the particular permission to the manifest. I have added @UsesPermission but it seems there’s a problem with that. What if you try in a higher version of Android?

2 Likes

@Still-learning Thanks for the code provided.

1 Like

This means you have found a solution to the problem
Sorry my english is weak

I haven’t, but I have been trying.

That’s fine, I can fully understand you.