Get Device Metrics → DisplayMetrics │ Resolution - Density - Font scaling

With this extension you can get various information about the screen → DisplayMetrics:

screen dimensions, aspect ratio, pixel resolution, dp (or density-independent pixel, Android’s logical pixel), density, font scale, …

GetMetrics.aix (6.7 KB)

Example - blocks

Screenshot

20 Likes

Any apk for directly check my device metrics and extension also?

displayMetrics.apk (5.3 MB)

If your (test) device has a physical navigation bar, then you should disable the above checkbox. If the device has no physical navigation, the height of the screen including the navbar is displayed.

Pixel 2XL

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

The community language is English, please do not post in other languages.

He just wanted to say thank you in my mother tongue (German).
That is nicely meant and one shouldn’t complain about that.

4 Likes

The rules must apply equally to everyone. People have been in trouble before for not posting in English so if we allow some people to get away with it then all those moderations should be overturned.

2 Likes

Me wondering why @Kodular hasn’t promoted @deanart2012 to be moderator?

It’s probably for the best I stay away from that. There would be about 6 people left in this forum by the time I’m through with everyone.

1 Like

thanks, i just wanted to show respect and love to her, coz she deserves that​:rose:.
thanks

1 Like

i thank you very much, i really like your people and country, lots of love​:blossom:

1 Like

Hi, How better use for different devices and for shadow?

orig:
1440x2891 (560dpi)

other resolution, density, fontscale:
540x960 (240dpi)

blocks - 2022-05-17T200455.626

Explain in more detail…

As I undestood it the question is how to set shadow settings to follow font settigs and looks the same

1 Like

yes, on different devices, equal size text and equal shadow.

solved) for shadow need else multiply xDensity

1 Like

I have been using this great extension to in a couple of my apps, but since the Kodular update this week, it no longer works correctly. It no longer returns the correct screen size data and procedures I have created to detect screen size and resolution using GetMetric are not working. I have also noticed that since the update to Kodular, it is not calculating ‘auto’ sizes correctly for components, such as vertical/horiz layouts, cards, buttons etc. I’m guessing it must be linked?

Hi @bodymindpower. I am very sorry to tag you, but I didn’t want to send an unsolicited message. If you can’t or don’t have time to help, please just ignore.

As I posted above, since Kodular was updated 6 days ago, it no longer creates responsive auto sized content correctly. Layouts, cards etc are all too big and they force content near the foot of the screen off the screen or they clip content within components. It also seems to happen horizontally as well, with elements to the right clipped or forced off screen.

Here is an example of one of the issues. The green button is a card and is set to ‘fill parent’ height. All other cards are set to automatic height. Prior to the recent system update, they all displayed correctly, now they don’t and this happens:

I also use your excellent Getmetrics extension to detect screen dimensions on some app screens and if the screen is under a certain size, it will display a FAB. I now see a FAB all of the time, even though the screen size isn’t small. This seems to be related to the issue described above, where kodular isn’t detecting screen sizes or resolutions correctly.

I thought your expertise with the getmetrics extension and kodular/AI generally might help to guide Kodular staff towards a fix for this issue? Your extension must get screen data from somewhere and I wonder if whatever is affecting your extension is also affecting Kodular too? If you don’t have the time or are otherwise unable to help, then please do not worry about it. Thank you once again!

I have no idea what it’s about exactly. I haven’t used this extension for a while. I’ve now done a quick test (Companion) on my Android 11 (Pixel 2L), which is also where my screenshots in the description come from. No problem, same values as before:

So where exactly is the problem? Send relevant blocks and simple & small test aia.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I will set up a small test this evening when I’m home. Last night when I was trying it in my app, it was not returning correct values, but I guess it possible something has changed in the system if they’ve been fixing the various errors that have occurred this week since the update? I’ll post again later when I can get blocks for you to have a look at. That you again.