After picking a txt file using the Filepicker extension by deephost: how can I read that file?

Then show the error.

file path is different like file picker gets content://etc and files needs file://etc

1 Like

It is not the file component. It’s File_Picker. Maybe some kind of extension

Edit: Got it! It’s an extension by deephost

1 Like

I know that but showing eror when file got name.deephost extention are picked file exactly. @ImranTariq was right

So how should I choose file now.

you are already around for a while, so you should know, how to ask a question
as a reminder you might want to read this again

also what about trying something yourself before asking?
see also App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
Taifun

1 Like

Sorry for asking wrong type question. But now ok?

If you are using an extension and your problem is with that extension, you should explain that in your first post.

2 Likes

Not with extention I am facing eror with file component read block.

I guess you are having problems with the file path, right? Have you used Do It already to see what the different paths show? (File_Picker component and File component) Looks like the File_Picker component returns a path that is different from the File component. Find what the difference is and format it so the File component can open the file.

it is ok now… I now additionally edited the subject of your thread…
next time you might want to provide a more reasonable subject yourself…

Taifun

1 Like

Yes you are, but you are also feeding it with wrong path from Filepicker, don’t you see the connection there

I think you are supposed to use the fileparth variable for that.

My problem is here @Boban, @Italo, @FoxsDen

To use read block file path will be different as docs said. Now tell me how can choose this type file path.deephost file picker extention working perfectly

I have no idea what’s the difference between the path returned by the extension and the path required by the File component. Anyone knows that?

what about displaying all these parameters in labels as test to find out, if one of them provides the path to the file you are looking for?
Unbenannt
also is there any documentation available for the extension?
Taifun

Extension returns content uri while file component needs path.
To convert content uri to path @msr79526 can use these extensions’ blocks:
1.Taifun File -
It returns filename which you have to convert to file path
Please correct me if I am wrong @Taifun
2.FileTools -
It returns file path

3 Likes

But with deephost extention I can directly get file name.

you received loads of answers…
unfortunately it seems to be, you are not able to provide the necessary information, so someone can help more… protip: read especially the latest 2 contributions in this thread…
good luck!

Taifun

1 Like

Only @ImranTariq is nearby to help me.look on what he said

For read block need ddifferent type file path as imran tariq said. @Taifun, @Boban, @vknow360

1 Like