Given String is empty or null

Someone know how to turn off this dialog box when the text box is empty? I already put a dialog saying that the text box is empty.
Im using fire base autentication.

1 Like

Show your blocks.

Show your blocks please

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Use email password login in procedure in else where you are checking text boxes

Your logic is wrong user can login if text box is empty or not empty

In button click block use only call procedure and fire base blocks use in procedure after checking is text boxes are not empty

Right do like this

1 Like

You just gave me a really good idea for a tutorial.

You keep seeing these error messages because you are notifying the user that they’ve made a mistake, but you’re not actually fixing it: you’re just telling them “you made a mistake, but I’m going to go ahead with the login/signup process anyway

The way you’ve set up your blocks, you’re not giving the user any time to correct their mistake, you’re just telling them they have made a mistake. So, the Firebase Authentication procedure is using the values from the empty text boxes. That’s why you keep seeing an error message showing that your textboxes are empty.

Ok, so I’m going to go ahead and make an actual tutorial on this, because there are a lot of things to consider when you’re making a login screen.

This is just a mock up, and I’ll go ahead and add some more to it throughout the week.
NOTE If you download the .aia file, I’ve disabled the Firebase blocks. This is just a mock up, it doesn’t connect to Firebase. You’ll have to use your own Firebase info.

Lesson1.aia.zip (73.4 KB)

6 Likes

Thank you for the help, but the problem is I know nothing about coding. This is my first attempt at doing something like this. Would you please explain what I gotta do like I was 6yo? lol

ok i will send you blocks

Hungry for tutorial , haha, big fan of your work @pixiibomb

2 Likes

Lol yes don’t worry. I will make a video tutorial to help you out, but it will take me a few days. I’m waiting to hear back for a job interview.

But until I can make the video, I’ll write you up some step by step details. Check back in about an hour okie :slight_smile:

7 Likes

best of luck for Job interview,

1 Like

thank you :smiley: <3

2 Likes

Welcome, :heart_eyes:

Ok, it might be one more hour. My husband just came home for lunch.
And I also realized I made a mistake in one of the blocks, so I gotta fix that.

BBL lol

2 Likes

use this

1 Like

you might want to start with the basics then…

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

2 Likes