Google Play Error: Failed to run aapt dump badging: AndroidManifest.xml:5: error: ERROR: missing 'android:name' for uses-permission

Hi,
I have a problem: when I publish the APK into Google Play I get this error:
Failed to run aapt dump badging: AndroidManifest.xml:5: error: ERROR: missing 'android:name' for uses-permission

I think it is a StartActivity problem…
These are my blocks about it:

Thanks for yor help!

Are you using any extensions? If yes, then which one(s)?

Yes, I’m using these:
Dendritas:

• Android Themes
  • Snackbar
  • Sidebar

KIO4:

• Get TinyDB

NMD:

• Special Tools

RedPanda:

• i18n (but I don’t use it at the moment, I will use it in the future…)

Wishwas:

• Dialogs

• Webviewer Dialog

However, the problem is not caused by extensions, because before I added the Activity Starter it worked well…

I think the problem is in one of Dendritas extensions. I have heard of some problems with it

Ps: I created WebViewerDialog, not @vishwasadiga :wink:

2 Likes

Oh sorry, the package name is com.wishwasadiga.webviewerdialog

Um actually, my extension package is edu.moliata.webviewerdialog, either @vishwasadiga copied my extension or you downloaded renamed extension

No. I haven’t copied any extension. No clue as to how my name got in there…

4 Likes

जब packagename change करते हैं तो error आता हैं

Failed to run aapt dump badging:
ERROR: dump failed because no AndroidManifest.xml found

I got this to, when i publish the APK into Google Play.
What should i do?

Extensions made by Andres Daniel Cotes may cause this however I don’t remember which ones do this.

/Boban

Did you use dendritas table or what. I use that in my app too but my app is in developing so not finish.
Can i use dendritas table or not.

Do you mean Vishwas or am I just seeing this incorrectly? Yes, you’re incorrect, it’s Vishwas. [Free] Releasing the Dialogs Extension - ClassicExtensions - Community (It’s an example of his package name). If it seems I came off a bit rude, don’t think of it like that :sweat_smile:

if you are using the free version then the answer is yes, it doesn’t have that code that causes the error however it has an strange permission request

permissionNames="android.permission.INTERNET,android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE,android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGEandroid.permission.WAKE_LOCKandroid.permission.INTERNETandroid.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATEandroid.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE

/Boban

/Boban

Ok you mean, if the user opens the sceen where the table is, he will asked if he allowed the permissions.
Ok than i will not use it becaue the user gets scary if they get a few permissions to allowed.
Or do i see that wrong. ?
And for that extension so much permissions confuse me.
I hope the developer will solve that problem bc the extension is a useful extension.