Hack my app find api key

Can you give us some info on what to do to make our apps fully secure

Shreya mean that if you are planning to hide your URL with encryptions or fetching them from any database then it is just a waste of time as you can not hide URL from hackers. They can get your APIs details after decompiling the app or reading those URLs by capturing your http traffic.

And if we talk about databases, then firebase is a secure database but with rules, if you do not have rules in firebase then it’s really 1 minute thing to wipe out your whole firebase data. And as I said already you can not hide your APIs so make sure to use rules in firebase database.

Airtable and Baserow both database works with similar algorithm of a token key. A hacker can easily steal that key from after capturing the packet and then can use it against you with full control. AFAIK, there is no way to prevent these two database to get hacked. However, you should go with your custom php scripts. You can control or secure them with your own way.

You can restrict your app in rooted phone to prevent the traffic capturing of your app. It will reduce some risk to view your APIs.

4 Likes

@iamwsumit Thank you so much for understanding this but my question is how i can write secure rules i have no idea about firebase rules
Can you please tell me how i can write best rules for my app can i p.m you??

you no need encrypt Api, but the encrypt only Values.

only you can decode them

Make aunth and only aunth can edit

1 Like

@kitavalf can you show me demo block and rules.please

• Encrypt your url.
  • Encrypt your api key.
  • Make strong database rules.
1 Like

Block aunth firebase and make rule firebase only aunth can read or editS

can you show me block and rules please

Also rules have in Airtable, Baserow, Googlesheet ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.