Has anybody sold their app?

I got an offer from app Mellon and they want to buy my app. Does anybody have experience with them?

1 Like

What is app melon? The only thing I found was a Korean music app. Is this the app you are referring to?

1 Like

http://appmellon.com/

1 Like

Oh, thanks, I don’t know why it didn’t come up on the google search. I didn’t know about them and it seems a little suspicious to me. Do they pay first and then receive the app or the opposite?

1 Like

Of course you have to send the app first to see it’s ability. Maybe you are just faking the app has 500,000 downloads and active development or send not enough information, fake screenshots, no source-code, etc. They just don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on nothing.

2 Likes

No, I mean apart from screenshots, maybe an apk, the URL to your app’s play store page and stuff like that. After they review your app do you send the source code and every file associated with the app and then receive the money or is it the opposite? Because they don’t seem very legit. I might be wrong but I wouldn’t trust them so easily.

1 Like

actually the sent me mail 3 days ago and prposed me to sell my app

1 Like

If you are satisfied with their offer and you are okay with selling it tell them that you’re interested and wait for their response. Just be careful so they don’t scam you.

1 Like

I am wondering why they sent you mail.:sweat_smile:
When I opened their website I have to enter details so that they can contact me.
I think you have opened their website either directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a genuine website first because it doesn’t have a valid SSL certificate to recognise website details and also when I dig in deeper I found that this website is created few months ago now don’t ask me how I know that (any one can do that by just doing a simple WHOIS search)

and in testimonials when I reverse searched images I found all images are stock images with fake names which means testimonials can also be fake

See the above twitter profile and then compare it with below one :point_down:

and chances are that website can be but if you still trust them then you can sell your app if they are paying you first and after paying asking for app details ( Android credentials,Keystore password, etc … )

but if the case is opposite then it can also be a scam that’s my opinion and now I leave it to you …

14 Likes

Well done @Koder1331
You have cleared image.
@psilwal121 hope you have got your answer.Now it depends on you whether you should sell or not.
And major thing when you see that an app store has not valid SSL certificate than be careful.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you. The lack of an SSL certificate is alarming. It seems like those scam websites that have a good looking UI in order to convince you they are legit.

2 Likes

i never went to their website.I didnt know anything about their site

Then I am sure they are spammers.
Be careful now and do not reply to their mail.
And do what you can in this case to stop that.

and if you search any testimonial user name it will shows all users of testimonial from appmelon website and no other good results

BTW can you share the app they wanted to buy from you :calling:

Are you From the FBI? :joy::joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::laughing::laughing:

Seems too good to be true…

I’ve received those kind of emails lots of times. It’s spam, don’t bother reading them.

5 Likes