Help with old app made with appy builder

If it’s just ListUtils missing, it’s easy to fix however, since appybuilder is outdated and missing a lot of things, we need to change a few things…

For the easiest manipulation of the file we need to use 7zip

com.appybuilder.ListUtils.v2.aix (9.2 KB)

Open aix file with 7zip

Open your project file with 7zip as you did with the aix file and go to assets\external_comps if you don’t have this folders then just create them by hitting the F7 while in the 7zip folder and name them accordingly

• assets
  • external_comps

Now just drag the ListUtils to external_comps folder

We have to change some stuff in project.properties as well, go back to main set in your project by hitting the double dot thereafter choose youngandroidproject folder and right click on the file for edit

from something like this

main=com.appybuilder.bobans_s73.font.Screen1
name=font
assets=../assets
source=../src
build=../build
versioncode=1
versionname=1.0
useslocation=False
aname=font
sizing=Fixed
showlistsasjson=False
MinAPI=14
MaxAPI=28

to

main=com.appybuilder.bobans_s73.font.Screen1
name=font
assets=../assets
source=../src
build=../build
versioncode=1
versionname=1.0
useslocation=False
aname=font
sizing=Responsive
showlistsasjson=False
color.primary=&HFF3F51B5
color.primary.dark=&HFF303F9F
color.accent=&HFFFF4081
theme=AppTheme
splashEnabled=True
minSdk=19
rtlSupport=False
receiveSharedText=none

Hope this helps :grinning:

3 Likes

Compared to what? The OP created the app 6 years ago. The offline version of AppyBuilder was updated 5 years ago. So where could the problem be? If other components are affected, it would be very tedious to remove them via 7-Zip/WinRAR. Replacing them with extensions would be practically impossible.

Great Boban it worked!

But while first screen works, second screen not.
I have dendritas table and chartmaker extensions in this screen.
I paid for dendritas for some modifications by the author Andres Cotes.

The error is: Failed resolution of: Lorg/acra/ACRA;

Any idea of what i should do?

The extension sems to be outdated
You could contact @Andres_Cotes or try another extension, for example

Taifun

1 Like

Thanks, i already made a test and it works. Only problem for me is that dendritas table was capable of sorting table for each column (ascending or descending), and find text. There is something similar?

Chartmaker has problems too. It show no graphics. The problem is:

Impossibile load web page file:///data/user/0/…html because:

net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

I think all this problems due to restrictions by Google in newest android versions (probably 11+) to access storage space…

For the tableviewer extension you could ask here for help [FREE] TableViewer - fully style customized to show table data - Extensions - MIT App Inventor Community

Load your html file from shared storage, ASD or the assets

Non media files which your app does not own, you can’t access easily anymore in newer Android versions, see also Some basics on Android storage system
For those you have to use SAF

Taifun

1 Like

Of course it is possible to display a website from the PrivateDir. Show the complete path to the PrivateDir (URL).

This is complete path:

file:///data/user/0/io.makeroid.companion/cache/display(omitted_long number).html

I see it as an error on app running either from companion or compiled apk.

On chartmaker common properties there is a “home URL” setting. I should change that? It contains nothing, “home url” text only.

Where does the HTML file come from? How was it saved there? The path to the PrivateDir is file:///data/user/0/<packageName>/files/...html.

The path you posted is probably used by the Chartmaker extension as a cache.

(You may want to contact the extension developer, @TimAI2, about this - preferably in the AI2 forum.)

Thanks, i think i solved using this:

Now the chart works.
It is old chartmaker.

Chartmakerplus…i can’t figure out how to make it work. Tried to: “ShowListsAsJson is ticked in Screen1 properties in the designer”

But then table disappear…

I’m not a coder…:grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.