How can I know the size of Assest in kodular πŸ™‚

Assest size! Kodular 1.5.6

… in a project you mean ? Because otherwise in a new project while uploading to assets manager you know the size

2 Likes

Yeah in project how :broken_heart:

Simply download aia, open with 7zip , go to assets and select them all, see below total size

3 Likes

It is not possible. But if you have a backup folder in your computer or google drive, save all the assets in a specific folder, this way you can easily know the assets size. May be when the new restrictions start, Kodular will make easy for us to see the size of each and all of the assets, allow us to organize the assets by size or at least see the size of each assets without having to download it, etc (but I wouldn’ count on this).

1 Like

Are you serious?

Oh, you’re not.

1 Like

I think it would be very easy to do something as I said, I don’t think this will happen only because the staff is probably not interested in make things easier for the free users and because they have more important things to do.

It is possible to write a small procedure that gets the file size of each asset, then to sum all the file sizes to get a total. Re-run if assets added/removed.

This would return the β€œsize” of assets in a project

3 Likes

This is an amazing idea. I am not sure if it is possible to get all the assets in the project (as I remember, we can use a block that has all the assets, but we must choose the one we want, id doesn’t return a list with all the assets), but if is possible it would really be great. We can easily make a procedure that makes easy for us to see the files by size and optimize the biggest files or delete old files forgot in the assets not being used more easily.

1 Like

Use a File extension to get the directory of files, then iterate to get the file size.

1 Like

If this is the best way then Dora’s method is easier I think. Download an extension just to see assets size is too much work, specially for the free users that will have to make magic to get to work with just 5 extensions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.