How do I save the SoundRecorder component files in numbered order?

So I have to create the following procedure block and call it in the “StartRecording” button block?

Yes you need to call it when ever you want to save a recording…Don’t forgot to store the number in tiny db while saving…

Do I need to make any changes to the following block before calling the procedure block?

:one: Remove the saved recording block…
:two:Also the math var will be increased in the procedure…
:three:You will need to put store value method inside the procedure…

When I try to start the recorder it gives me “ERROR 802: Cannot start recording: null”. Did I make a mistake in inserting any blocks?

It looks that the procedure is right… please Show me your blocks for starting recording

Annotazione 2020-08-16 141011

You must call save procedure first then call start…

Now the error it gives me is “The operation not cannot accept the arguments:, [Recording]”

Hmm… my method will check if the name exist. Like if 1.mp3 exist, then 2.mp3. If there is 1,3,4, the next one will be 2.

I know…But if we recorded " Recording2 "…Then tried to record again the name will be also " recording2 "…I think your method must be called when recoding started…So every time the number variable increases and not the first time only… :sweat_smile:

The number will increase by 1 in the Loop until no file exist with that number. Wdym by increase the first time

1 Like

It looks like the filename variable isn’t a number…Did you set it in any where else to “Recording”…

I mean that this loop must be when you save and not on screen initialization…To avoid duplicate file name…

1 Like

ofc, yours also.

1 Like

Annotazione 2020-08-16 142645

That’s the error…You need to make a new variable which is a boolean or make this variable a boolean if you don’t use in some where else…By setting it’s value on initialize to false…

Yes of course :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Ehm, now it gives me this error again: “ERROR 802: Cannot start recording: null”

Please show your blocks…