How to add update system

I just discovered that you cant test this feature with companion, so after work, export it and test

You have been mistaken. Issue persists even with output apk.

Guys, one thing i noticed that we nowhere used version code in blocks then how firebase is getting to know, system needs update. There must be some logic like if value more than 1 then update, else not.

I have made changes to it. Kindly check and let me know why it is not working. What changes do i make? NOte: The incomplete screenshot is of " When screen1 initialize"

2020-04-22_130027 2020-04-22_130058

1 Like

Maybe you have not set Project Bucket Url correctly.

His problem is already solved in this topic.

Sunny, did you imagine one thing, the new app’s url is included in current app, that means after giving output, YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT. So you have to make next version of app in advance? And isnt there any way to change URL from firebase or somewhere else?

You can store URL in any online database and if there is an update then get URL and set data uri to that.
That’s why it is recommended to use app store or Google Drive.

Is it so, data uri keep on fetching information from project, not from output app?

once your user has installed APK, how will you change its URI?

Why change url?

Only change when your new update is available, then change app version from firebase this will show notification to user about update. He will update.

Yes, when new update is available but by then my app has already been installed in user’s phone then how can i change it from there??
Looks like people unable to understand what my question is

I have found solution myself sunny, you are uploading app in kodular store because whenever new release will come, it will automatically replace current one, thus ultimately keeping SAME URL. Unlike my case of google drive upload, in which this can be achieved once only, so can be used for testing purpose only.

No this is not correct.You can also kepp same URL in drive.If you want to do that then upload file with same name and it will replace existing file without changing shared URL

No, this is not possible. I just now tried, new file has new url, even if name is same. Every file has nique new url irrespective of name.

1 Like

Guys, i am getting error in kodular which is " The operation > cannot accept the arguments: , [1.0], [1.4C.1 Eagle]
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds."

This is for using “>” sign in below mentioned blocks. If i change it to “=”, problem is gone. Why?

2020-05-05_004046

1 Like

You should not test your app in companion.
Try with apk.

This is because your app is considering companion version as app version which is 1.4C Eagle which is not acceptable value or less than your firebase value.

We have already said in previous posts that, when using this method of app update notification dont use it in companion. And you are still asking here.

Do a search before asking!

2 Likes

how to add update details in this system. I want to give short description of update so that users can know what they are going to get in update, just like we receive notification on our phone update, which says what’s new - Improved performance and bug fixes

You will have to use your own logic.

Tip: store all details in list format in firebase.

2 Likes