How to create app like Tik Tok?

Use this tutorial/guide by @Taifun and also search in Community.
App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: MySQL | Pura Vida Apps

4 Likes

Thankyou So much

2 Likes

You are welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can create this type app.but the one & only problem is vedio record & edit.others features can be done

3 Likes

Exactly MySQL database is best for advance…i already make 10+ apps on MySQL database using deeps extension & taifuns php file… it’s best i create a shayari app, video status app, earning apps(in 2018) dont flagged :grin: quiz app, pubg,ludo,cod tournament app, etc…go for mysql database if u need some help u can pm me…:calling:

5 Likes

ML should not be a concern, first recommend random videos, store the watchtime for the video for each user, build a dataset, train a recommender system, use the predicted videos to show to each user.

1 Like

There are even free aias of tiktok like apps in the internet. Search and you will easily find it.

But of course, if you can do something unique you will have to pay or make some effort.

2 Likes

Realistically, the biggest impediment to make an app like TikTok, is not the platform in itself, but the hosting capabilities at your disposal. I’m thinking TikTok moves many terabytes of data per second at very good speed. For sure you are not going to require something like that, at least not in the beginning. But you need to plan what are you going to use to be able to provide your app with unlimited video bandwidth.
The best I found for someone else who asked almost the same question a couple of weeks ago was Vimeo, for $900 dollars a year. Unfortunately there’s no truly free solution for this.

https://vimeo.com/upgrade

9 Likes

Not very relevant but interesting:

https://trembit.com/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-to-maintain-tiktok-servers/

Long story short: Around 8 million dollars a month.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hello everyone
Can someone tell me that why we should make clones of popular apps?

6 Likes

Google made all types of apps there is nothing remaining for us :pensive:

2 Likes

Nothing comes from Nothing. ~ Greek Cosmologists. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, that’s what ML algorithm does. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

that is extremely possible with effort but you can only create it without algorithms

1 Like

So, friends can i create it whith dynamic components extension made by @yusufcihan

2 Likes

Yes. Sure. You can create it Dynamic Components extension.

1 Like

I have AIA File Of TikTok Like Application Pm Me If You Want

2 Likes

These are interesting numbers. I believe it is even more, because there a lot of others costs not mentioned. Their program to attract new users in Brazil for example, I got more than $1k with it. And it was months ago. It is still going, and now they advertise at Youtube and with all the influencers that they can.

But just because an app has the same appearance or resources doesn’t mean the goal is getting millions of videos.

A friend of mine have a similar app, with a few different functions, it had about 30k downloads and have about 10k active users. At my opinion it reached the top already. The focus is to people of one certain location with certain interest only.

Detail: He spends nothing with host. All the videos are uploaded at about 5 different Youtube accounts as unlisted, then youtube api is used to embed the videos within an unique player.
And this is the case of a close friend. Many huge app videos at my country use youtube, Blogger, etc to host the videos for free since years ago, proving that may not be possible to create a successfull app even without millions

8 Likes

Nice Ideas :blush:

1 Like