How to create app like Tik Tok?

I am creating an app like tiktok, so i want to know that how can i connect my app with hosting. Can anyone tell me.

1 Like

What have you tried and don’t use all Caps letters in the title!

1 Like

First of all, it’s not easy to create an app like Tik Tok. We just think that, we will use Swipe video player extension and then we will be able to make Tik Tok. Well, it does not work that way. Tik Tok (or any other app similar to Tik Tok) use ML algorithm to show the trending videos on the feeds, to show the content which users like and want to see. To be honest, creating app like Tik Tok is not possible on Kodular right now because we can not use ML algorithm on Kodular platform.

If you still want to create an app like Tik Tok, then you have to create a category in your database and then store your video in that category. I would recommend you to use Firebase database. Don’t go with Airtable because Airtable API request has been limited to 5 requests/second.

Hope it will help you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Really ? Can you please tell where did you found this information

1 Like

Check this out.
Also, if you exceed the limit, you will have to wait for 30 seconds to request again.

3 Likes

After the limit we can’t afford firebase, so best is using mysql.
First you can try with free hosting and if your app does well then go for paid one.

5 Likes

Yeah. SQL is best if someone is good at it. Firebase is good for beginners. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Plz Tell me how can i use it because i have not used it before

1 Like

Use this tutorial/guide by @Taifun and also search in Community.
App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: MySQL | Pura Vida Apps

4 Likes

Thankyou So much

2 Likes

You are welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can create this type app.but the one & only problem is vedio record & edit.others features can be done

3 Likes

Exactly MySQL database is best for advance…i already make 10+ apps on MySQL database using deeps extension & taifuns php file… it’s best i create a shayari app, video status app, earning apps(in 2018) dont flagged :grin: quiz app, pubg,ludo,cod tournament app, etc…go for mysql database if u need some help u can pm me…:calling:

5 Likes

ML should not be a concern, first recommend random videos, store the watchtime for the video for each user, build a dataset, train a recommender system, use the predicted videos to show to each user.

1 Like

There are even free aias of tiktok like apps in the internet. Search and you will easily find it.

But of course, if you can do something unique you will have to pay or make some effort.

2 Likes

Realistically, the biggest impediment to make an app like TikTok, is not the platform in itself, but the hosting capabilities at your disposal. I’m thinking TikTok moves many terabytes of data per second at very good speed. For sure you are not going to require something like that, at least not in the beginning. But you need to plan what are you going to use to be able to provide your app with unlimited video bandwidth.
The best I found for someone else who asked almost the same question a couple of weeks ago was Vimeo, for $900 dollars a year. Unfortunately there’s no truly free solution for this.

https://vimeo.com/upgrade

9 Likes

Not very relevant but interesting:

https://trembit.com/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-to-maintain-tiktok-servers/

Long story short: Around 8 million dollars a month.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hello everyone
Can someone tell me that why we should make clones of popular apps?

6 Likes

Google made all types of apps there is nothing remaining for us :pensive:

2 Likes