How to Download File From Firebase & Move In Hidden Folder?

Download Files From Firebase And Any Other Database And Move In Hidden Folder, So only Your App Can Read It.

Hello If You Want To Download Any Data Like Photo, Video, Music, & Any Other File Then Follow Steps Given Below.

Step 1: You Need To Set Different Name OF Your Files If You Want To Download Multiple Files.

Step 2: Upload On Data Base.

Step 3: Make Download Link Of Your File From Data Base.

Step 4: Use Download Component.

Step 5: Import Taifun File Extension
MK3

Step 6: I Use Button For Download Action.

Step 7: Set Block.

Note: When You Add Dot(.) Before Any Folder Then The Folder IS Hidden And The Files Inside Folder Not Show IN Gallery, music player, video player.

You Done It. Now Lets Check Its Work Or Not
Step 1: Open File Manager & Turn On Show Hidden Files Option

Step 2: Now you see all hidden folder. Open Your folder And See

#AIABYPT
Download_and_Move.aia (33.0 KB)

I hope You Like This.
If You have Any Problem Then US.

11 Likes

Good tutorial.

But there is a Move method already in the File component.

2 Likes

yes i see this but i don’t understand how i call it to move data so i use @taifun’s file extension

Input is to From Filename, while Output is to To Filename

2 points

• what if i want to change the photo that i want to save !!
    i want make it change just from fbStorage
    in this way i have to enter the app every time i need to download another photo to copy it’s link.
  • i want to get the photo i’ve saved to the app after getting it from fbStorage so i can preview it in the app without needing the internet every time i open the app

But how to set kodular block

It’s here what I was explaining.

2 Likes

I mean how to set .move block of kodular because block shape of .move is different in kodular

1 Like

Connect it to an event block, which is one of the yellow one which you can put blocks under.

All events blocks shape doesn’t fit with this block only one block evaluate and ingnore result block fits but it is not working

OK, evaluate should work so try it again under Screen1.initialize

Yes downloaded successfully…
Now I want …
When app opened (scree1 initialise) check if the photo (photo.jpg) exists on user device (.foldername) if yes then get it if not exist(user deleted the hiden folder or the image then download it on first run…
How to do that?

You can take a look at this thread if something can be helpful

/Boban

1 Like

One thing I do not like with the download component, if you move the file from the default Download folder, it leaves track of which files you have downloaded in the stock Downloads application of my device…

/Boban

1 Like

Did you mean to use it like this ? image
I really want to use Kodular file component, because it is batter than add other extention to project but why move block have shape like that ? i have no idea how to use it,​ it should be shape like the copy block once. And dun know why Kodular make move block like this, maybe it have something specail or … but hope they make it like copy block because i and many user familer with block shape like copy then move block.

1 Like

Not completely solved my curiosity :joy:

i know how to do that and im working on simler project like u too,
but the problem i have now is that i can’t get the file that have been downloaded in user device by using Read From block.

Well…
If you do it well…
Please let me (& community members) know :metal:

Sure, I will make a tutoial too:smile:

It’ll be great :heart_eyes: