How to exclude android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE from manifest.xml?

How to exclude
" android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE " from manifest.xml?

Is there any method to do that without apkstudio?

No. Its not possible without edit app

If I upload my application with this permission, my application will be removed from play store. Any solution for this?

Why you need to add this permission in your app? I mean why you added this permission in your app.

I didn’t. It is added by kodular.

No it’s not possible

I deleted all of my extension. But I am seeing that permission in manifest. That means kodular component is responsible for this.

Have you tried by uploading it in Google Play console? Listen, Google will ask for the data safety form. Mention your file write permission there. Then they will not reject.

& One more thing, We never check that, your app is asking for write storge permission we only check the manage storage permission.

If your app rejected as because of only the Permission then don’t hesitate to PM me the Developer ID, Email Address & App Name. I will personally check this.

Why ? I believe it will be removed if you use

android.permission.MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
3 Likes

Yes, I am also saying the same thing.

1 Like

I figured out the problem. The problem with the web component. It contains that permission.
Can any one give me the web component extension without external write permission?

No, there must be another reason why your app is removed from the Play Store.
Post a screenshot of the message you got from Google.

I said my application will be removed if I upload it with this permission android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

And I also find out that in web component exist that permission.

Now give me a solution, if possible.
Thank You

And I doubt that.

As I said:

You may know that ai2 has added this
“uses-permission android:maxSdkVersion=“29” android:name=“android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE””

I think this is for sefty

No, not in any case. If in AI2 DefaultFileScope is set to Legacy, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is also declared on Android 11+.
(Of course that doesn’t make sense.)

Where does that say anything about WRITE permission?

(Btw, this screenshot is from April 14 2021.)

Ok.
Just to be sure. Tell me, if I upload application with that permission on play store, will it violates any policy?

No. No app has ever been removed from the Play Store if WRITE permission is declared in the manifest.

1 Like

Thank You :slightly_smiling_face: