How to make a professional dictionary app

How can i to make a professional dictionary app by using Sql Extension .

You will need a very HUGE database with all words and meanings, plus also you will need to take into account the possible spelling mistakes while making queries

1 Like

but how can i make it sir any tutorial videos or suggested post .Can i use oxford Api key?

Iā€™m pretty sure you wonā€™t be able to make a ā€œprofessionalā€ dictionary app with App Inventor.

You need to use a professional IDE for you to do this kind of app.

But if you want to just create a basic dictionary app getting listings from APIs and not your own DB, you can.

I have to disagree

you can make some very nice user interface and use the SQlite component as a professional local database to store your dataā€¦ all depends on the programmer and his/her imagination and skillsā€¦

before starting your project, you might want to do some tutorials lo learn the basicsā€¦

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventorā€™s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ā€¦ the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ā€˜teachesā€™ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for App Inventor | Explore MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

7 Likes

Iā€™m with @Taifun, people time ago said that lots of things were impossible to do with AppInventor
Nowadays, AppInventor is (near) so powerful as AndroidStudio. You can create any type of app. You will need thousands of blocks, but itā€™s possible

Just check ChatAble. It has real-time chat messaging for users groups and support, automatic translations, timezone detection and time adapt, database encryptionā€¦

Donā€™t say that something is impossible, because now everything is possible (and Iā€™m not talking only about AppInventor). Just take a look years ago, how many things people said they were impossible and now they are a reality
Honestly, I think everything is possible

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the informations

But this is not for making Dictionary App , it is just for learning interface and making some apps