Huge increase in error level after updating the app with kodular 1.4.1 / 1.4

I updated the application (minor update - I fixed some bugs, I didn’t add any new component and no component) before the update, the application was built with Draco codular and everything was fine, after the update (built with kodular 1.4.1) there is a huge increase in the number of bugs

Try to add this line (if needed, but missing) into the Manifest:

see here and check if this line is needed for your app / used components, extensions:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android-sdk/config#specify_requirement_for_apache_http_legacy_library

3 Likes

Sorry but I didn’t understand what to do

Why? Our apps have it by default

1 Like

Therefore I wrote “if needed, but missing”.
I have not found this in the Manifest of my apps, so I just told him to check this.

Thanks, good to know that this is added to the Manifest by default, if needed.

2 Likes

Yeah it should be added since a long time ago.

If you only use components, everything should be fine, because this line is added to the Manifest, as Mika said.

But maybe you are using an extension, which reqires this line (with API >=28) and does not add it to the Manifest.
Can you post the Manifest or if you can’t edit it, post the APK. Then we can take a look into it.

here:

This line is into your apk.

2 Likes

Yes, this line is included in the Manifest of your app / APK.
Maybe someone can take a deeper look. Manifest.txt (13.1 KB)

1 Like

Are you sure, that the APK is the update version of your app, because versionCode = 1, should be 2 or 3 …

1 Like

But the application version is not 1:thinking:

Therefore I ask, in the Manifest is declared: versionCode = 1 and versionName = 1.0
(not 204 and 21.4).

With this APK you were not able to release your app in the Play Store.

Version 21.4 is already in store

Yes, but which APK did you upload (not the one you have released) here:
grafik
So maybe it has not the same Manifest as in your released app.

I downloaded the file directly from play console

What should I do? The number of crashes is increasing

It’s ATM that adds that line in manifest file so check the apktool.yml file instead

/Boban

1 Like

Yes, but what could we learn from the apktool.yml? There is no indication why the crash happened.

1 Like

You divided back and forth about which version it was in 4+ posts, 1 or 24 but it was 24 the whole time, because ATM added that version 1 value to manifest file and I just pointed out that you should check apktool.yml file instead for version number

One thing I can not find concrete information on, are these two necessary in the manifest file at the same time as he has it in his

android:usesCleartextTraffic="true"
and
android:networkSecurityConfig="@xml/network_security_config"

I can only find either one or the other but not both

/Boban