I want to make a game with realtime online matching?

I want to make a multiplayer game where everyone will be matched with each other randomly as any other online multiplayer game works. but i want to know what if two devices request a tag at the same time and then both will get same value which will be their number to wait to be matched with a opponent next to his number( like my number is odd then i will join even number player which will be above my number or below) (the number will be added +1 in the tag after the device got the value) but what if two person gets a single value and if this can happen then how can i solve this problem.

2 Likes

Use airtable
When player clicks play create row with name and any value
Then use choose at random when getting online list and get alll tags

1 Like

Use firebase as it is a reatime database and here the on data changed block will be most important

1 Like

No use firebase instead as if you use spreadsheet then you can use maximum 5 requests per second… If somehow it exceeds it then you have to wait more 30 seconds to access it

1 Like

Use SocketIO extension, random users can match up and join a random room for real time communication. You can set up the max capacity of the room.
Some blocks:

Here is the extension:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.