[IDE] error: ‘;’ expected

Hello,
i am new in extention developing , and i just try to create one extention but i failed to make it and when i saw the log , the i cant able to understand what i am doing wrong please help me.
here is a log

Buildfile: /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml

extensions:

clean:

init:

common_CommonUtils:

init:

CommonUtils:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:
[exec] Result: 128

CopyToRunLibDir:

components_AndroidRuntime:

init:
[mkdir] Created dir: /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build/components
[mkdir] Created dir: /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build
[mkdir] Created dir: /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build/classes
[
init:

CommonConstants:
[javac] Compiling 6 source files to /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build/classes/CommonConstants
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
[javac] 1 warning
[javac] Creating empty /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build/classes/CommonConstants/com/google/appinventor/components/common/package-info.class
[jar] Building jar: /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build/components/CommonConstants.jar
[jar] Building jar: /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build [javac] 1 warning

HtmlEntities:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file to /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build/classes/HtmlEntities
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
[javac] 1 warning

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:

AndroidRuntime:
[javac] Compiling 332 source files to /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build/classes/AndroidRuntime
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/pixeledittor/Devendra_palnets_weight/Devendra_palnets_weight.java:37: error: ‘;’ expected
[javac] return a + b
[javac] ^
[javac] 1 error
[javac] 1 warning

BUILD FAILED
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml:35: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:372: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build.xml:141: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:118: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 3 seconds
xml:372: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build.xml:141: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:118: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 3 seconds

Basic java.
You are missing a semi-colon.
It should be return a+b;
Not return a+b
Next time read the error message.

2 Likes

Soory, i undertsnad

The error message is pretty clear.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.