If list is empty after trying to get Column from Airtables - Global var is set to *empty-string*, I want it to be 0

Hi.

My Table with Columns in Airtable might often be with 0 rows. When app runs Get Column and don’t get any data my Global var get’s *Empty-String* and not 0(as in empty). Since I get *Empty-String* the list is not empty I can not use block is list empty.

The error I get is this when I try to change text in textbox with my blocks:

I know there are many posts with this error, but I could not find ANY posts with solution to set list to 0 instead of *Empty-String*, therefor I make a new topic :slight_smile:

Are u trying search function then use this method

Or
Watch this

If any one cell is empty then , i hope, app will not get any value from airtable…

In such case you can try with if then else block, may be work for you

1 Like

That does not answer my question. I’ve read that topic, but it doesn’t say anything about if database has empty column, then…

I will have a look at this video when I come home :slight_smile:

The Column it search for value in has no value, so the app should set () in global var. But instead it set Global var to (*Empty-String*).

Please look at my given blocks, as you can see I’m already using if, then, else…

Yeah noted, the reason is the same. Also you may not set that global variable initi to create empty list instead you may put empty string …

So you use the block contains text empty string block instead of is the list is empty…

Ah, that might work, I will have a try when I get home :ok_hand:

1 Like

Don’t get it to work. Tried with different blocks and tried to put blocks into eachother to see if anything happens, but I get same error.

Here are some of my Do It results:

Skjermbilde 2021-10-13 180720
Skjermbilde 2021-10-13 180251
Skjermbilde 2021-10-13 180427
Skjermbilde 2021-10-13 180626
Skjermbilde 2021-10-13 180651

I’m empty of ideas of how I can solve this :woozy_face: :sweat_smile:

If list is empty doesn’t return empty string. Set global variables to create empty lists

Or

1 Like

Did you check this first??

I might have misunderstood your suggestion as I believed that was what I did if you see my first picture on latest reply with pictures of what I tried​:see_no_evil: I removed Create empty list with a text block, I thought that was your suggestion, but I might have misunderstood as said :face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile:

But the blocks you have set up in first picture is same as mine if you see main post images, ain’t it? :hear_no_evil: I just dont check it when I get column, but I don’t see why that should matter :woozy_face::see_no_evil:

I will try the 2nd image if that could work :muscle:

Now I noticed on text box change block, are you making a custom search bar ? If this is the case then you could try something like this

That could work also, but I did as previous example you came with. It worked :wink:

I did like this:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.