Image Picker: Error 908: permission READ_MEDIA_IMAGES has been denied

Did you get solve the problem? Because i facing the same problem. What should i do?

And that

Fibra_58.aia (5.6 KB)

Try this one:
Fibra_58_Anke.apk (4.3 MB)

Or this (uninstall the last version):
Fibra_58-Anke2.apk (4.3 MB)

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this extension! I added to my project and now when I open the app it ask for the permission correctly.

But I have another problem, my app is a drawing app with a canvas, when I click “Save”, the image is saved correctly in the ASD as .jpeg, but this error appears:

“Error 908: permission READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE has been denied”

and I can´t retrieve the image to be showed in a dynamic component inside the app.

As long as I know, this permission is no longer needed with sdk 33? Why it ask for it?

thanks again

It worked, how cool, you are great!
What did I do wrong, do you mind sending me the .aia?

I test it with my Designer app, it doesn’t work as expected. That’s why the build system will shutdown because to Implement the new permission that doesn’t work yet. I am going to update my Designer app in November 2023 because I am waiting to fix asap.

Probably nothing.

The ImagePicker tries to request READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE on Android 13+ with the compiled app (APK). With Companion, correctly READ_MEDIA_IMAGES is requested, but this is not declared in the Companion APK either.

Back to APK:
Since READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE no longer exists on Android 13+, an error message is of course displayed: “The permission READ_… has been denied. Please…”. I therefore used the ActivityStarter (android.intent.action.PICK), which I generally prefer to the ImagePicker.

So the ImagePicker only works up to Android 12. This is of course another bug with Kodular. I already gave up counting more than 3 years ago (while I was still a moderator). :wink:

3 Likes

Note to everyone:
Please don’t send me PMs. I cannot and will not answer.

1 Like

What did you test and what is not working?

Hi… I tried these blocks and it doesn’t work in the companion.
I’m trying to generate the apk to see if it works.

Is correct?

As I already explained:

So again: The new storage permissions must (also) be declared in the Companion app (but they are not). So it makes no sense to test with Companion, especially not when it comes to permissions.

@bodymindpower it would be great, if you could provide a screenshot of your workaround and the aia file of your example app

Taifun

6 Likes

Anke, I want to thank you very very very much.
You were spectacular!

1 Like

Thank you, and you chose the correct tense (namely the past). My best days are slowly fading away - like those of all of us. But who knows: “THE BEST IS YET TO COME.”

2 Likes

Help me, how to use Activity Starter pick image then upload to cloudinary? after uploaded, i want cloudinary link to spreadsheet. This is my block picture :

Can someone help me to fix this. Thank you.

2 Likes

I just test it before the build system is acting weird.
and the read media permission on Android 13 is not yet implemented.

Then you didn’t use my extension (correctly).
You have to drag it onto the screen.