Image Picker is not picking Images from External Sd Card

i have all my photos on external sd card, and camera also saving pictures on sc card, problem is when i use image picker to pick an image from internal memory, it picks, but when from sd card, it doesn’t pick photo, and camera also not showing image after taking if i use camera setting to save image on sd card, i have granted permission of media and files, is there any solution or idea why these both are not working for external sd card images

2 Likes

I hope that you granted

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

And if yes then share aia or block

1 Like

Set full path:
file:///storage/9C33-6BBD/xyz.jpg

grafik

The removable (micro) SD card can only be read (on modern Android systems).

3 Likes

check below block

I merged your topic. Next timer please search before asking.

3 Likes

Sorry but i try to find but dont get it.

and also my problem is solved

its working fine for me :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Please give #Solutios.

1 Like

I will try that and if works i will inform you, thank you all for reply, i was busy so cant reply anyone, will check tomorrow and inform

1 Like

Try the solution given by @bodymindpower i hope that will work and i will also try that tomorrow and if works i will inform

Writing to the removable (micro) SD card should only be possible if you have previously created an app-specific directory:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/packageName/files

Once you have created this, it should also be created automatically on the removable (micro) SD card. Then try writing to this directory and reading from it.

1 Like

Does it work for you with the full path file:///… ?

1 Like

no, i have tried but same not working with memory card photos, and if is use file:// then stops working for internal memory pics too, isn’t there anyway that from any memory it can choose, like whatsapp

On which device & Android version it’s not working?
Show your blocks.

i have tried with both, but not working, using android 9.0 pie

blocks%20(53)

blocks%20(54)

For me it’s working on several devices with Android 9 (Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, …).
Which device? Check your removable SD card and try to reformat it again.

1 Like

i have checked its class 10 fast memory card with other apps like whatsapp is working perfectly and picking images from memory card, and picking images from memory card, and my device is Galaxy J7 Core, if i use file:// then its stops picking images from device internal memory too, i was looking for a solution that work for both, internal and memory card ,

Strange, but try Activity Starter:

https://puravidaapps.com/snippets.php#2imagepicker

PS: And also check if the Image.Picker in AI2 is working for you.

4 Likes

ok i will check that and inform soon, and thanks a lot for your attention , really appreciated

works perfectly, better than built in image picker, thank you so much

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.