Is it possible to hide/reset a text box error message?

Hi everyone,

I know that after displaying an error message from a text box, if you type or delete some of its content, the error message disappear. I’d like to know if there’s another way to hide the error message without user action.

For clarification: I have a dialog with some boxes for login and this boxes validate their content before proceeding. If I catch an error, I show the error message but if the user closes the dialog and open again, the error message persist until the user interacts with such box.

I’d like to hide the error message after the user closes the dialog to avoid confusion when re-opening such dialog.

Thanks in advance.

Open the properties of your TextBox in the blocks editor. You can find there everything what you want… :slight_smile:

If you set a string for the error message property and call the method to show the message, it stays visible (the exclamation icon stay visible and if you focus the text box the toltip opens) until you interact with the text box (ie write or erase some of its content). Even if you set the error message for an empty string, the toltip retains the previous content until the interaction I mentioned. Is there another property or method to do what I need that I’m missing here?

1 Like

I am also having this kind of question

is there a solution for this?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

Taifun

If you set a string for the error message property and call the method to show the message, it stays visible (the exclamation icon stay visible and if you focus the text box the toltip opens) until you interact with the text box (ie write or erase some of its content). Even if you set the error message for an empty string, the toltip retains the previous content until the interaction I mentioned. HOW CAN I STOP THE SHOWING OF ERROR MESSAGE

1 Like