Is Kodular an IDE?

Kodular is considered an IDE right?

An integrated development environment ( IDE ) is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development. An IDE normally consists of at least a source code editor, build automation tools and a debugger.

I think you can call it a IDE.

5 Likes

Yes it ‘can’ be called an IDE but it is mainly an AI distribution and builder.
@Peter 's answer has made it easy to understand about an IDE.
There are some features which make Kodular different from Android Studio( which is also an IDE based on IntelliJ IDEA) and one of them is Blockly.So you can’t make changes to code directly in Kodular while you can do it in Android Studio.But Blockly is far better and easy then code editor.

but, why that site is not working??

I would say it’s a framework that gives you ability to design and build your own projects using its integrated libraries and built-in components. All those features have been abstracted for you (user) to give you ways to build apps quickly without concern to the complex under-the-hood logic.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, the IDE is no longer available because it’s broken like the Store. At this point I would consider the Creator itself and IDE, although it does not like up for an IDEs purpose.

1 Like

Nathan, what seems to be the issue? Open new thread

I really don’t think I have to open a new thread, I’ve said it many times before and I’m gonna say it once again, the IDE and Store are not functioning like they should. You can’t login to the store, and you cannot even connect to the IDE.

using Kodular was my best IDEa in 2019, after Appybuilder closed its doors.

1 Like