Is Kodular + Web Component consuming API?

Guys, sorry if this topic can not be posted here, please delete. My app (not yet published) is for a public school where I have been working for 19 years. So I created a query with the KODULAR + PHP + MYSQL data of the students. I’m reading about consuming API. This is an API available that I looked at: viacep.com/ws/01001000/json/. The question is: the php file that is on the server, when the KODULAR web component accesses it, and it does the SLQ command and returns JSON, that exchange between them can be called consuming API?

1 Like

I am 100% sure it can be called an API, but not really sure if it’s a consuming API
I understand consuming API as an API that is intended for general usage, not only the Creator

Bloco de Citação
I understand consuming API as an API that is intended for general usage, not only the Creator
Thank You , Diego !

1 Like

So if anyone gives a guess (I know it’s absurd) and typing www.mysite.com/file/parameter in the browser it will have the data I saved in the database, correct? And how to release an API without getting exposed?

Add a password
Add a required parameter to be sent and check it in the PHP script

1 Like

Perfect ! Thank You !

1 Like