Issue with Apps Crashing After SDK33 Update - Use ads banners

Hello Kodular community,

I’m reaching out because I’ve encountered a problem with several of my apps after updating to SDK33. Specifically, when I open the apps on screens that contain banner Ads, the application crashes, and I receive an error message as shown in the image that I’ll upload to the community.

Checking in Unchive at https://unchive.kodular.io, I noticed that all banners and interstitial ads on every screen are marked as errors.

Additionally, I’m curious if these errors might be related to specifying in Google Play that the application uses an advertising ID.

I have attempted a workaround by deleting the banners on some screens, and the app no longer crashes. However, I need to have advertising in my app. Has anyone else faced a similar challenge, and if so, do you have any insights or solutions to share?

I greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide to help resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for your support.

it is crashing for me also. @pavi2410

Exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method ‘boolean com.google.android.ump.ConsentInformation.canRequestAds()’ on a null object reference
at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.KodularAdManager$Consent$3.onConsentFormDismissed (SourceFile:189)
at com.google.android.ump.UserMessagingPlatform.loadAndShowConsentFormIfRequired (com.google.android.ump:user-messaging-platform@@2.1.0:2)
at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.KodularAdManager$Consent.hxYOFxFjLpN1maJuWNxUV40nExCGxsxkDPOTgtzMu4zlZCQb3bPlKsXo1SYJg6ME (SourceFile:1174)
at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.KodularAdManager$Consent$1.onConsentInfoUpdateSuccess (SourceFile:142)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.consent_sdk.zzt.run
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:938)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:246)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:8512)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (RuntimeInit.java:602)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:1130)

Probably, it is a bug of this versión.

@pavi2410 , what do you think about It? Is iti a bug? Can we do anything?

The is for user-messaging-platform library. You may use this latest AdManager extension (Paid). It’s also support Kodular child account.

1 Like

Have you tried adding it again to check?

1 Like

anyone solved this issue in my case i marked yes for advertesment policy

Yes, I added the Ad banner component again and the app followed crashing. I added in one screen to test It, and the app only crashed when. I opened this screen.

It might have a problem o bug with this component in kodular.

@pavi2410 any help?

@pavi2410 this is issue. Please look into this.

1 Like

This will be fixed in the upcoming update.

3 Likes

I hope that the next update will be as soon as posible. Now, I am losting money from ads.

Do you know, @pavi2410 , the estimated date for the update?

please fix this issue Playstore also warning us about the crash please do this immediately

@pavi2410 We have waited 2 months now.

1 Like

Do you know, @pavi2410 , when Will be the updated you tell us two month ago?

Hi, any update on this @pavi2410