Issue with Picasso lib import in extension creation

I’m trying to make an extension that uses Picasso Library (locally in my pc)
The extension is built successfully, and i can export the apk from Kodular but when i open the app i get: Failed resolution of: Lcom/squareup/picasso/Picasso;

I’ve created some basic extensions before. Everything is set up correctly but this is my first time trying to make an extension with external libraries and i’m still a newbie

Here’s my import at build.xml

i’ve tried with different versions of the libraries, almost every version available and i can’t make it work

I used adb and my logcat says:
05-23 16:40:03.883 22504 22504 W System.err: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundE xception: Didn't find class "com.squareup.picasso.Picasso" on path: DexPathList[ [zip file "/system/framework/org.apache.http.legacy.boot.jar", zip file "/data/a pp/com.ficalapps.test-_HV7gC95X4x3bpUCKG1tLg==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectori es=[/data/app/com.ficalapps.test-_HV7gC95X4x3bpUCKG1tLg==/lib/arm64, /system/lib 64]]

Can someone help me out? I’ve read something about Multidex but don’t know what to do

Make sure you’ve added the @UsesLibraries(libraries = "YourLib.jar") annotation in your extension’s Java file.

2 Likes

Also please check that library is compatible with android or Java 1.6.

Picasso is made for Android. :android:

It maybe :thinking:
But Failed resolution is thrown sometimes when we try to use classes which are not defined in java 1.6 such as FileSystem and Paths.

There could be several reasons, but the most comman one is the unavailability of some classes during the runtime which were present at compile time.

1 Like

Thank you, i had it like that but i realized it was mistyped lol, now it’s working

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.